Access door in storage area?

TexasUltra

In my RW storage there is this white round access cover. Inside is a menagerie of wires and ducts. What is its purpose? I'm guessing to allow warm air into the storage area when the cover is removed?

Attachments

• IMG_9191.jpg
    IMG_9191.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9186.jpg
    IMG_9186.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 55

Dmetcalf

In my RW storage there is this white round access cover. Inside is a menagerie of wires and ducts. What is its purpose? I'm guessing to allow warm air into the storage area when the cover is removed?

I’ll be watching this post because ours has the same. I am also curious about the reason for it.
thanks for posting the question

Flick

The access point is there, in my opinion, to allow visibility into the area if you anticipate a problem behind the wall. Much easier to take a quick look than to remove the panel.
On my unit, I made the access udc wall a slider and it takes less time to slide open the panel than even to remove the round cover.

Dmetcalf

The access point is there, in my opinion, to allow visibility into the area if you anticipate a problem behind the wall. Much easier to take a quick look than to remove the panel.
On my unit, I made the access udc wall a slider and it takes less time to slide open the panel than even to remove the round cover.

Good to know and great idea ..! I just might need to take a run over to my favorite box store to p/u the needed rails for this little project..👍

porthole

Retired
In our cyclone that cover allowed access to the converter plug - or the central vac plug. It's been awhile :rolleyes:

LBR

In our cyclone that cover allowed access to the converter plug - or the central vac plug. It's been awhile :rolleyes:
Same for ours... it's good for pulling the converter & vacumn plugs, and a peep hole for whatever reason.