Power Cord Reel/Possible incorrect retract switch installed at Factory

rjr6150

After having to replace the power reel on my unit and speaking with Tech Support at Shoreline. I discovered the folding.

My original spool was model CL50D the replacement unit is a RL54 series.

The original unit came from the factory with a single pole switch. This only allows the reel to power retract. According to tech support this motor has a clutch system to allow free spooling when pulling the cord out and needs a DPDT switch to release the clutch mechanism. He felt there was a possibly since I’ve been pulling the cord out since purchased causing the motor and gear mechanism to run backward this caused my gear/motor lockup.

The new unit uses a different mechanism. These being pins. On this type one has the option of using the DPDT switch or their model RV3100 switch. One other option was to reach in and hand spin the reel to retract allowing release of the locking pins to free wheel the cord out.

Did you find the DPDT switch cause I am also finding one and not able to get it?
The model of the switch is MCR13-28E-01 and I'm using a 3V battery energy source. I've done exactly as instructed in all the DPDT online guides (images attached of everything I've just described)

But, it doesn't work. If I connect it without the toggle switch, it works (it rotates slowly, but it does work).

What can it be? The DPDT switch is brand new.... and I know it works because when I try to connect it as just a switch (not in order to reverse polarity) it works like a regular switch.
Please help if you know.