Building blocks for front Stabilizer legs

ILH

I occasionally park my rig at a friend's house - the spot it uneven which has my front stabilizer legs almost fully extended. Obviously this makes the rig a bit wobbly.

Last week I set out to make wooden blocks to shorten the distance for the stabilizers. My first attempt is a bit "clunky" - too much wood, too heavy. I used 2 x 3 boards - and made three 12" strips, 3 layers deep, with plywood on top and bottom.

I was hoping someone on here might have a good design for lighter, stronger blocks. Thanks.

Dahillbilly

If you can find a sawmill see if they cut either aspen or basswood, these woods are very light but strong. I have several eight inches square & different lengths, works great. Even nailed short grab straps to them.

esscobra

i usually use some of the rubber hoss pads but also carry a couple of the anderson blocks for those situations where need alot of height

NYSUPstater

May not be the lightest, but I cut up a 2x10 into 16" (? dang CRS at 406am!) lengths and screwed 2 together and then added a metal handle to 1. From here, usually put 2 sets under each front leg and middle legs depending on amount of room in the 1st place. For the rear legs (overkill I know), I throw down a 6x6x24". Knock on wood, so far most places we've gone to have been fairly level, but we do have to look to see how level the coach is before placing anything under the legs. That this past w/e for example. Front legs got 1 set each. Right middle leg 1 as well, left middle 2. Rear got their 6x6's. Once auto level was done, the right middle leg could have used 2, but just couldn't get the 2nd one under it. Front end was very low to ground and rear legs extended some. Reason being, sight angled downward from road. So not all of my 8 sets got used. However here at the stick house, all 8 and both 6x6's get used.

Hope this makes sense.