Has anyone experienced the bubbling of the fiberglass side that has constant exposure to the sun

I have noticed that the driver side of my unit that faces west, the fiberglass appears to be separating from the material behind it. During the day the side that is exposed to the sun, the fiberglass begins to bubble similar to delamination that is caused by water damage. But once the sun goes down and the side begins to cool, the fiberglass returns to its normal state.

During the day I have tried covering that side with sunscreen material with a gap from the side of the fiberglass. As long as I have the sunscreen in place the fiberglass stays normal. To me it appears that the glue that bonds the fiberglass to the material behind it has failed.

Living in Florida and having constant exposure to the sun and with the temperatures being so high this year, I was interested to know if anyone has experienced this issue with their unit - and if so do you have any suggestions?

sengli

Seeing the way these walls are built and assembled. I would say delamination is there on your unit. Wether water caused it or not, if the glue isnt holding in those certain spots anymore due to maybe temperature or whatever. I would say keep an eye on it and see if it doesnt grow.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes some pics would help. Are you the original owner? Any chance of water intrusion anywhere that could have migrated to that location?

How long have you had the rig?

You might try contacting Heartland and sending them the pics with your explanation. It “could” be a defect in the wall assembly. They might ask you to take it somewhere for a professional opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am the original owner - ordered/purchased it December 2012 from RV's For Less in Knoxville, TN. Its our second Bighorn having RV's For Less ordering it for us. I'll trty to take some pics tomorrow if its not raining again.

danemayer

Delamination is usually caused by water intrusion. You should start by closely inspecting all caulking and sealants on the roof and all over that side.