Leaking Roof - RV Flex Armor Roof installed

carl.swoyer

There is very little maintenance at all. The things you currently have to inspect with a traditional roof are no longer factors. No dicor sealant, anywhere. No caulked edges where the roof meets the gutter. Front and back cap transitions are covered.

And there’s practically no chance a tree branch will drag and create a jagged rip in your roof along the radius curve... or 1” hail will leave your roof dimpled and introduce weakness for future leaks down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks tigger.
Lol what's y'all's real name.?
I realize" travel tiger"
But I've cloned y'all tigger.
a37ba5a7921c10e807467dab8c5618da.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

One question - what is the maintenance on the RVArmor roofing? With the manufacturer roofing, yearly maintenance is required. If it's the same with this RVArmor roofing, what's the point.
Nabo,
So I called the corporate office here in FL and she said there's nothing I need to do pertaining to getting on the roof , washing or even inspections. She said if I want to wash the roof, power wash the roof I can but it's not required.
Thanks for your question.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks tigger.
Lol what's y'all's real name.?
I realize" travel tiger"
But I've cloned y'all tigger.
a37ba5a7921c10e807467dab8c5618da.jpg

Lol Carl, it’s Erika. And husband Tony is “Mr. TravelTiger”. I like Tigger!

TravelTiger

Nabo,
So I called the corporate office here in FL and she said there's nothing I need to do pertaining to getting on the roof , washing or even inspections. She said if I want to wash the roof, power wash the roof I can but it's not required.
Thanks for your question.

On my roof, I asked them to install a traditional crank-up antenna, when they really wanted to install a King Jack antenna (included in price).

They told me they cannot warrant a leak originating at the rubber “boot” where the cable enters the base of the antenna, which could eventually break down and let water in, so I am responsible for monitoring that. Also, if you sustain damage, say in a wreck, and then don’t get the roof resealed by them, they cannot warrant leaks caused by that.

carl.swoyer

Update on the rvflex armor roofing!
We are on the road and last night was our first time staying in the rv since the new roof.
Super quiet inside. We used to watch TV with the volume all the way up with the ac running. Instead of 99 on the volume we were at 30.
We turn the fans on in the bedroom and Christine said " boy those fans are noisy !
Lol
Apparently the noise from the AC units was very loud but no more.
I also noticed that once the Landmark came up to temperature they didn't cycle on as often as before.
So now waiting to check in at Sebastian inlet campground for some fishing.
dc3ce7cfe842054a759f732e7873aee8.jpg

mlpeloquin

On my roof, I asked them to install a traditional crank-up antenna, when they really wanted to install a King Jack antenna (included in price).

They told me they cannot warrant a leak originating at the rubber “boot” where the cable enters the base of the antenna, which could eventually break down and let water in, so I am responsible for monitoring that. Also, if you sustain damage, say in a wreck, and then don’t get the roof resealed by them, they cannot warrant leaks caused by that.

Replace the boot every five years so it stays soft, supple, and sealed. At this time a $2.99 item and less than an hour at best.

https://www.campingworld.com/replac...cd394657131f16b36ca9193b030484e4&gclsrc=3p.ds

TravelTiger

Update on the rvflex armor roofing!
We are on the road and last night was our first time staying in the rv since the new roof.
Super quiet inside. We used to watch TV with the volume all the way up with the ac running. Instead of 99 on the volume we were at 30.
We turn the fans on in the bedroom and Christine said " boy those fans are noisy !
Lol
Apparently the noise from the AC units was very loud but no more.
I also noticed that once the Landmark came up to temperature they didn't cycle on as often as before.
So now waiting to check in at Sebastian inlet campground for some fishing.
dc3ce7cfe842054a759f732e7873aee8.jpg

Carl I can second the insulating aspect. Although it did not make a s dramatic impact on lowering temp inside for our 100+ degree days, I think it helps keep the rig more constant and the AC units don’t have to work as hard to maintain the temperature. They actually cycle instead of constantly running.

carl.swoyer

Carl I can second the insulating aspect. Although it did not make a s dramatic impact on lowering temp inside for our 100+ degree days, I think it helps keep the rig more constant and the AC units don’t have to work as hard to maintain the temperature. They actually cycle instead of constantly running.

That's what our is doing.
The bedroom ac only came on a couple of times last night vs running and running.
We were sitting outside last night and I couldn't hear them running.