Fresh water fitting seized up

Georgia_Biker

Well we are getting things ready for a trip and I decided to replace all of my Home Depot cheap quick disconnects with heavy duty brass ones.

When I tried to remove the fitting on the fresh water line it was seized tight. I tried penetrating oil and a host of channel locks and vice grips and as you can see by the photos I really did a "booger" job.

I finally removed the whole panel so I could better remove the fitting but, I am at a loss. How do you replace it and where is the source for these fittings. It looks like a special type snap ring on the back side I have never seen.

As always the good old "Forum" is the first place to go-

IMG_3935.jpgIMG_3936.jpgIMG_3937.jpg

Gary521

The quick disconnect fitting that you are having problems with is aluminum. These will have a bit of galvanic action with the brass. The solution may be that you have to replace.

Georgia_Biker

If you want to replace just the water inlet, it's listed for about $20 here. Or you could replace the entire 4-Way Anderson Valve by upgrading to the new all brass retrofit version for $169. They may be back ordered 4 weeks on the brass valve.

While searching You-Tube on this subject I found a guy that had trouble with the 4-way valve cartridge which I was familiar with and I have replaced twice. He mentioned a link to ABCO which is the Anderson distributor as a parts source. I went to the website and discovered the KANTLEAK unit had been upgraded to an all brass unit which I would prefer. On ABCO the price is $169. as you mentioned with a 4 week back order. We plan on leaving Oct 8 so that is pushing things close. I did some research and found the unit on Amazon for $199. but it was in stock and now on the way to me.

I hope this works out.

MTPockets

With the inlet fitting repaired, think about this: I made a short, 3 ft. Long high quality white hose to connect to The inlet Fitting. I put the brass quick connect on the 3 ft hose end. I found it much easier to handle and less stress on the inlet connection. Leave the 3 ft. Hose connected all the time.

Georgia_Biker

With the inlet fitting repaired, think about this: I made a short, 3 ft. Long high quality white hose to connect to The inlet Fitting. I put the brass quick connect on the 3 ft hose end. I found it much easier to handle and less stress on the inlet connection. Leave the 3 ft. Hose connected all the time.

Great idea Terry - I think I might do the same - cut down on the tugging pressure