Rottening slideout floor 2018 cyclone

rainmakeroc

My 2018 Cyclone was just out of warranty by a month when I noticed the bedroom slide floor rotting. Factory would not stand behind their product. Repaired it myself. Faulty factory sealing of the bottom edge of the slide was the problem.
Today, 5/22/21, the living room slide has developed the same problem, have to fix that now. Very shoddy craftsmanship at the factory on sealing the bottom edges of slides. Drip edges would help.
Have owned two Cyclones, no more will be purchased. Will go to something other then Heartland.

Last edited by a moderator:

HPnMORE4J

Being in the PNW, I would like to get this addressed asap.....

If anyone has more pics of their fix would be greatly appreciated!

LBR

Bedroom or galley slide?

I'm guessing the bedroom as the floor wood used wasn't for external use....the glue used for a couple-3 years is no bueno.

HPnMORE4J

Bedroom or galley slide?

I'm guessing the bedroom as the floor wood used wasn't for external use....the glue used for a couple-3 years is no bueno.

Just want to makes sure everything is sealed up tight on all slides so water can't get in at all.

KaqUpwL.jpg

LBR

Just want to makes sure everything is sealed up tight on all slides so water can't get in at all.

KaqUpwL.jpg
Just repaired our bedroom slide floor this last winter with adding a sheet of 1/4" aluminum....but still need to seal the sides of slides like you're asking about.

The factory ~3/4" wide black strips were factory installed for aesthetic purposes only IMO...not much to keep water from attacking our flooring integrity.

I am going to use 1/8" x 2" 90° angle aluminum to finish ours up. Will add 1" buytl tape to the angle aluminum, countersink screws into the 1" square slide frame, then caulk the upper edge. Confident it will be sealed 100%.

HPnMORE4J

Just repaired our bedroom slide floor this last winter with adding a sheet of 1/4" aluminum....but still need to seal the sides of slides like you're asking about.

The factory ~3/4" wide black strips were factory installed for aesthetic purposes only IMO...not much to keep water from attacking our flooring integrity.

I am going to use 1/8" x 2" 90° angle aluminum to finish ours up. Will add 1" buytl tape to the angle aluminum, countersink screws into the 1" square slide frame, then caulk the upper edge. Confident it will be sealed 100%.

Geez, kinda disappointing to hear they have such an issue with these being a "top of the line" trailer. Sounds like you did and going to do a top job. I'm a bit surprised as well they don't have an awning over them however that would be a lot of awnings and wouldn't protect the sides much.

I'm going to have to dig into this and make sure it's sealed up in the mean time. I'll probably go with how you are doing it with the angle.

So I take it the major issues come at the sides of the slide and not the top?

Yep, same here. Bedroom slideout rotted out on the floor. Water getting behind the front exterior panels. There starting to bubble out now. An exterior crack above the living room slide out. 2018 cyclone 4115 HD. Unbelievable! Garage toilet leaking. I appreciate all the customer support from Heartland on this camper. I love showing all the other campers at the campgrounds what should have been fixed under warranty 2 years ago. Really don’t expect Heartland to keep this post up, or at the very least edit it. Shame on Heartland. I’m going to put a dent in your reputation one campground At a time.

Remastoy

Had problem with Bedroom slide floor on my 2018 Cyclone 4200, the outboard portion bottom was bulging out from water intrusion. I had 8 inch wide Stainless steel strips mounted to the floor length where the rollers contact the floor with a lot of sealant and screws. That was 2 years ago and all is well so far.

LBR

Sorry for not posting photos of my fix, Jay...just now re-read after this sleepy thread was awakened. Probably too late for your project...lo siento, mi amigo....lol

Bedroom slide...a few photos, in no particular order, of delaminated floor, glued up edges (used a turkey basting injector to squirt glue into veneer laminations several inches), jacks setup, 1/4" sheet aluminum pre-drilled, later sealing of edges with 1/4" angle aluminum, misc photos, etc...
0461fc6681d2b3d0950c8053a90c30aa.jpg
f57d0c8e53c8283b4b64edfc29bf0f6a.jpg
d4817d57afdaed2c438746317ea286e4.jpg
c9e948a0589d7366b59ea9a352ae0b33.jpg
63bf8aad816acb2cd62af219e5d0cda2.jpg
51c90626ed860aef85e72401b6b93c78.jpg