18" Swivel Mount for 40" TV

Rohwerk

I have a new Sundance 221RB Trailer that came with a 40" TV. The swivel mount doesn't come out far enough to turn the TV to be viewable from the bed. Does anyone see any issue with me mounting the 18" mount in the same spot as the OEM one? It's all in a wooden cabinet.

Flick

I have a new Sundance 221RB Trailer that came with a 40" TV. The swivel mount doesn't come out far enough to turn the TV to be viewable from the bed. Does anyone see any issue with me mounting the 18" mount in the same spot as the OEM one? It's all in a wooden cabinet.

Before you do anything drastic, be sure you’ve studied your mount. I’m going to tell on myself that for the first year or so, I complained about the same type of problem in our bedroom. Then I found a little black knob that if you pulled up on it, the tv turned with ease. Probably not like yours but I thought I’d mention.
Maybe someone else will give you info on the mounting options.

Rohwerk

Before you do anything drastic, be sure you’ve studied your mount. I’m going to tell on myself that for the first year or so, I complained about the same type of problem in our bedroom. Then I found a little black knob that if you pulled up on it, the tv turned with ease. Probably not like yours but I thought I’d mention.
Maybe someone else will give you info on the mounting options.

It moves ok. Just not far enough out from the cabinet to be fully visible from the bed. I think the wall where the shorter mount is currently should be strong enough to support a longer one. *Hopefully*

Finlan

It moves ok. Just not far enough out from the cabinet to be fully visible from the bed. I think the wall where the shorter mount is currently should be strong enough to support a longer one. *Hopefully*
Did you ever finds a solution? Also, I’m concerned about the flimsy wall mount. The wall seems to really give a lot, to the point where the TV is at an angle when fully extended.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
An option would be to cover a piece of plywood with speaker cloth, mount it to a couple of found wall studs and mount the TV to the plywood.

Peace
Dave

Finlan

An option would be to cover a piece of plywood with speaker cloth, mount it to a couple of found wall studs and mount the TV to the plywood.

Peace
Dave
Thank you Dave. Good idea. Maybe I can find some way to space it out further so when swiveled it can be seen on both sides of the bed.