Lost my mind...

creeper

Okay in the rush to get things finished up, packed and the fear of going from 77 degrees to minus 8 windchill.... I have forgotten which way my bi pass levers go...

I moved them around and can't remember which it is... Handles vertical for normal or horizontal for normal... Or is it one vertical and one horizontal.. Is the pointy thing at the end of the handle the actual pointer? What are there arrows that point in both directions? Why does the manufacture not have manuals on their website...

Why am I going in circles? Little help? Boy do I feel dumb..... :eek::eek::):D

snuffy

Okay in the rush to get things finished up, packed and the fear of going from 77 degrees to minus 8 windchill.... I have forgotten which way my bi pass levers go...

I moved them around and can't remember which it is... Handles vertical for normal or horizontal for normal... Or is it one vertical and one horizontal.. Is the pointy thing at the end of the handle the actual pointer? What are there arrows that point in both directions? Why does the manufacture not have manuals on their website...

Why am I going in circles? Little help? Boy do I feel dumb..... :eek::eek::):D

I did not hear that weather report.:eek:

jpmorgan37

Creeper;

If I understand you correctly on what you are asking, you have three valves. Open is parallel to the line and closed is perpendicular to the line. If you are winterizing the hot water heater, the inlet and outlet should be closed and the bypass should be open. I hope this is what you were asking.

John

creeper

I did not hear that weather report.:eek:

You have to look for it. Weather report in Richmond Hill, Ga 77 and sunny.

Weather reports for Florida , NY Snowy, 18 degrees, windchill factor -8...

WHY am I driving 900 miles for that? Oh yeah, family and holidays...Ba Hum bug....:D

creeper

Creeper;

If I understand you correctly on what you are asking, you have three valves. Open is parallel to the line and closed is perpendicular to the line. If you are winterizing the hot water heater, the inlet and outlet should be closed and the bypass should be open. I hope this is what you were asking.

John

Don't confuse me more. 3 Valves? Am I missing one? Don't mess with someone who is frazzled and at the edge with holiday frenzy. :eek::eek::D

I'm talking about the docking bay. Two handles, one for the water heater, one for winterizing...... Hang on ..... Okay, I'm back had to run outside and check.... Took a picture while I'm at it. Two blue handles. Can't remember which way for normal.

http://creeperscobra.com/drop/rv/SANY0090.JPG

BTW, is there a hose we're supposed to get when winterizing to suck the antifreeze into the coach or do we make our own?

Last edited:

snuffy

Appears to be a single three way valve. Guess you make your own short hose to suck up the antifreeze.

jbeletti

Curtis,

My experience with the Swan brand valves is the pointer on the opposite end of the coated handle is the directional to follow. So in your image, you are in the Normal mode.

Jim

Big G

Big G
Jim is correct. The pic shows both valves in normal flow. At least that would be consistant with my experience over the last 35yrs. Good Luck, and stay warm in NY.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Creeper. when the "pointy thing" on the handle points to normal flow you are in the N O R M A L mode. When it points to bypass, you are in the B Y P A S S mode. The hose that you have clamped to the wall, right under the label that says "anti-freeze sanitize inlet" is the hose that you stick in your gallon jug of RV anti-freeze to suck it through your system..............Press 1 for english. :p:p:p
Peace
Dave

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Creeper. when the "pointy thing" on the handle points to normal flow you are in the N O R M A L mode. When it points to bypass, you are in the B Y P A S S mode. The hose that you have clamped to the wall, right under the label that says "anti-freeze sanitize inlet" is the hose that you stick in your gallon jug of RV anti-freeze to suck it through your system..............Press 1 for english. :p:p:p
Peace
Dave

LOL....good explanation. BUT.....where's the button for english? :D

creeper

Thanks a million. Hopefully my brain will return to normal as soon as we hit the road on Friday morning, but we're driving into 8-12 inches of snow.. The campground will have to plow a spot for us. What are we thinking.

jpmorgan37

Sorry Creeper;

I forget that my "classic" is different. I do have three valves. I 'poligize for adding to your confusion. Travel safe.

John

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
It's ok Creeper....I lost my mind about 5 years ago.

And, at this point in my life....., I'm not sure if I want to find it.