Running RG6 cable

cos

Hi All
I'm going to be installing a rooftop satellite on my elkridge E289 and it is not prewired. For those that have been in my situation, how did you run the cables down to the utility area? I’m thinking about fishing the wires down alongside of the black tank vent. I haven’t pealed back the dicor around the vent yet but with the holes they have drilled for everything else in the trailer I assume there might be room to sneak 2 cables down without doing any drilling of my own. Does anyone have any input or a better way of doing this install?

Thanks a bunch

jbeletti

There's likely room around the vent pipe in the attic but it could mess up your vent cap a bit. I'd suggest you drill a 1/2" hole nearby and route down into the coach. This, after making absolute certain I had access to the chase where the pipe is located. You may want to consider using a cable entry plate like this:
cep.jpg
LINK

cos

There's likely room around the vent pipe in the attic but it could mess up your vent cap a bit. I'd suggest you drill a 1/2" hole nearby and route down into the coach. This, after making absolute certain I had access to the chase where the pipe is located. You may want to consider using a cable entry plate like this:
View attachment 64695
LINK
Thanks Jim, will look into this.