Edge Discussion about early release images

jbeletti

Here's an early look at a new product from Heartland. This product was shown in Louisville and generated a lot of interest.

Take a look at the images in the PDF.

I apologize for the quality of the images. This is a scan from a brochure done by a dealer (I think), then posted on RV.net. Figured I better archive it here before it disappears from RV.net :eek:

I should have the real brochure and hopefully MSRP posted by the end of December.

Jim

Attachments

• RV.Net Open Roads Forum_ Travel Trailers_ Really cool new lightweight travel trailer, WOW!.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 357

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Jim, thanks for the pictures. It's a lovely, well-thought-out design. Another winner for Heartland.

Tom of Ypsi

Looks like Heartland will be selling a lot of these little trailers. Looks very well appointed and great looking design. I see it even has LED tail and marker lights, something you cannot get in the higher end Landmark unless this has changed.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Hey Markcomer--this is the one that you can get for your kids-piggy back them. I think this Edge is real cute...

jbeletti

Hey Markcomer--this is the one that you can get for your kids-piggy back them. I think this Edge is real cute...

While not factory approved ;), I'll be Mark could pull the smallest Edge behind his Landmark with that beefy 2" receiver hitch he has. Amanda could have her own RV! :D

Jim

flamingknitter

I was thinking that they would look really cute under the Christmas tree. Then the kids would stop asking to borrow mine! Not!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
It's like you all are reading my mind. Put those kids back there. They would probably like that. May have to think on this some more.

Mark

rumtot

We just purchased an Edge at the Denver RV show. We ordered the M18 with the full body paint option. Looking foward to doing some land cruising. Our other RV is a 42 ft sail boat. This will be different but the same.

jimtoo

Hi Scott, and welcome to the Heartland Forum and Family. I'm sure you will find lots of information when, or if needed, here. Lots of great folks here.

I just have one question, where in Colorado do you find enough water to float a 42' sailboat?:D

Jim M

jbeletti

rumtot,

Congratulations on your Edge purchase and welcome to the Heartland family. I believe you are the first forum member to purchase an Edge. I will create a forum for the Edge later this week. You'll have your very own place!

Now you need to join the Heartland Owners Club and make plans to come to a rally to show that Edge off! We have a Colorado chapter and we have our big shin-dig coming up in Goshen, Indiana in June.

Jim

bill40

Jim I'll bet I could pick up a couple more MPG with one of those behind my 3500. Should be a big help to familes with smaller TV.

rumtot

Jim the boat in Colorado could be a problem so we keep her in Florida on the east coast "on the hard" out of the water when we are in Colorado. We are looking foward to getting the Edge and trying some land cruising. Scott..

Hart

We just purchased an Edge at the Denver RV show. We ordered the M18 with the full body paint option. Looking foward to doing some land cruising. Our other RV is a 42 ft sail boat. This will be different but the same.

Congratulations on your new Edge and welcome to Heartland!
Very good looking unit!

nhunter

I think it would look even better with and full body paint and aluminum rims. Must have the rims!

slwags10

Edge preview

I recently saw the Edge 18 at a Tampa RV show, and was amazed at the use of space and quality of appointments. I have been searching for the perfect toyhauler for a year plus, but now am leaning towards the Edge 21. With such light weight, I can easily throw the motorcycle in the bed of the Titan and head out. I hope to see more on these units soon.

bigpaw

Edge seems very cool

I have seen both the M18 and M21 at the Denver RV show. They were both very cool and seemed to be a great value for the $$$. Amazing amount of storage under the M18! The M21's under storage is not as much, but still more than other trailers of it's size. The fridge is larger than most. The weight of the trailer is also amazingly low. I'm considering buying the M18 to pull with a '97 4runner. The only thing I wonder about is the "Euro Thermal Pane" windows. They look great, have a slight tint and they're double pane. The screens and shades are also a plus. But I wonder, since they are not glass, how are they going to look after 5 years of sun and weather? It would be a bummer if they got cloudy or scratched easily.

2010augusta

I own jeeps, so "plastic" window don't scare me any more. There are many great plastic polishes that, with some effort, can make scratched dull windows look like new. On Plexi a little heat can do wonders, but be very careful. It would be a little more maintenance, but should not be a deal breaker IMHO