Crushed Electrical Box

ILH

On a recent trip we were backing up the rig into a driveway that had a bit of a dip - after we unhooked, we noticed that the electrical box attached to the backside of the pin box had been crushed by the side of my truck's bed. It seems there was enough room for the pin box to turn 88 degrees, but the electrical box stuck out the back and came in contact with the truck. Fortunately we just straightened out the electrical box and moved it to the inside of the pin box - so that it won't happen again.

Has anybody had a similar experience?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My previous truck cought that box on my last Bighorn. Like you I moved the box.

Peace
Dave

Restofrank

The first time when we brought our Bighorn home I slid the slider hitch back because I was worried about the cab hitting the trailer when I was backing into the yard, after getting into yard I noticed that the electrical bad had got damaged hitting the tailgate. That is the only time that I thought that I needed to slid the hitch back. I moved the electrical box inside the opening of the hitch, that’s the way it should of come when built.

ksucats

yep - just hit mine a couple of weeks ago doing a sharp turn to get into my driveway. Have not had time to do anything about it yet but it sounds like moving it may be the best choice.