Slide out alignment

Question: How closely aligned should a slideout be?

I found the kitchen slide on my 2010 2900MK about 1/2 inch out on the front side after retracting (I didn't find it too troubling, the seal seems secure). Oddly though, after extending the slide, that front side is 1/2 inch closer in than the rear side (which was flush when retracted), so the front side seems to be moving an inch less than the back. The adjustment looks straight forward and if the 1/2 inch difference was consistent I would have tried to adjust it, but now I have no idea which way to adjust. I took measurements while extended, top and bottom, front and back and they're all different by a 1/2 inch or so. Is this much ado about nothing or does this make sense to someone?

Thanks, Bobbie

Routemaster

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]Check this out, this is what I found out this was happening to my Landmark Jumps teeth and put both my rooms out. I made shims as shown and I should fix it instead of washers I made them 5/8"x 3/4" long cause washers span around when pushing them in.
Den.

FIELD FIX FOR SKIPPING TEETH ON THROUGH-FRAME SLIDEOUTS
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]

Are there pictures that go with this post? I don't see any...

Here are some pictures I took of the inside kitchen slide, it seems not to be all the way out and not sitting on the floor. There is a piece of wood which seems not to belong there, the previous owners re-did the floor and maybe it was left behind. The slide has always been this way for us, just didn't think much of it until now. Any Sundance 2900MK owners out there?

DSCF9727.JPGDSCF9728.JPGDSCF9729.JPG

NewHopians

I just had our slides on our 2017 Bighorn traveler adjusted. But, when we got the rig (Ginormous) (what our grandkids named the rig) the kitchen slide seems to be in and out about 1/4 inch difference between the two ends of slide. The seals seem to be tight and I cannot see any light coming through. Both sides are touch the rubber seal on the slide. Does any one know of a tolerance that is acceptable for the slide measurements?

Routemaster

Are there pictures that go with this post? I don't see any...

Here are some pictures I took of the inside kitchen slide, it seems not to be all the way out and not sitting on the floor. There is a piece of wood which seems not to belong there, the previous owners re-did the floor and maybe it was left behind. The slide has always been this way for us, just didn't think much of it until now. Any Sundance 2900MK owners out there?

View attachment 64705View attachment 64706View attachment 64707
Robbie. Is the fascia plumb to the wall?

We started doing some adjustments which involved running the slide in and out a bit, in the process a 3" lag screw fell out of the frame on the outside wall. We kept noticing that the slave side of the slide lagged behind the motor side and then noticed the frame would move 1/2 to 3/4 inches before the room did on the passive side. We weren't sure where the lag screw fell from, but decided to reinstall it at the hole on the end of the frame at the front (slave side). I had to drill through the top of the frame rail and into the wall, I think I hit metal once then into insulation, but the screw did go in and seems secure---at any rate the room now moves with the rail and we were able to adjust the room to close to our satisfaction. The room still doesn't "sit down" after extending all the way, is that just the way it was designed? The room is sealed sufficiently top and sides so not worrying about it, we might take it in for a professional adjustment.

Thanks to all who responded,
Bobbie

ParkIt

On the top menu of the forums is a list under "Tools" and from there you can find HOM which are the Owner Manuals for Heartlands. I found my slide out issue in the left part of the page "Slide Outs" https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/
From there I was able to troubleshoot the same issue you are describing and adjust my slide outs, one of which were bolts that were almost finger loose.

Hope this helps, the Moderators have done an outstanding job listing User Guides and Manuals.

I di get much of the info from the Lippert manual, mostly on how to adjust. I also found a couple of older threads with some good ideas--love this forum!