Back-up camera

Hi all,
I have a 2020 Fuel 305 and it has back-up camera prep. I can't find any info on what I need to do to leverage that. Can someone point me in the right direction? TIA!

danemayer

Hi Phanton_9192,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I think Heartland preps for the Furrion Camera system. To check, you could call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Oregon_Camper

I've had 2 separate Furrion cameras on our RV. First was just a single camera on the back....the second (see video link below) has 4 camera's. I've installed 3 of them, still have to get around to getting the "over door" camera install. I'll never have an RV again without 3 (back and one on each side)

https://youtu.be/Zzi68Njnk-A

D-K_21RBSS

Hi Phanton_9192,
Our 2020 21RBSS was pre-wired for a Furrion camera (rear view). Very simple install, remove the bracket cover, being careful not to lose the tiny screws, plug the camera in, replace the 4 screws and done. The factory wiring for the camera will only provide power when the running lights are on.
(as a side note - our unit had about 6 extra feet of cable stuffed in the housing. Be careful trying to plug in the camera, if the wire bundle comes out it can take some time to fold it so everything fits again! And no, you cannot just stuff it back in the wall as it appears to be connected to the marker light above the bracket :cool:)
Good luck and enjoy!

jbeletti

If your backup camera prep looks like this - it's Furrion:
Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 10.16.47 AM.jpg

Here's where to look at Furrion options: https://furrion.com/collections/cameras/Vehicle

The Vision S Doorway Security or Rear Camera will fit into that pre-wire housing, once you remove the cover and pull out the power wire. Then you'll need a Furrion monitor. They have the receiver built into them. I like the 7" touchscreen as I have 4 cameras.

The Furrion gear is also available to purchase on Amazon.

If your backup camera prep looks like this - it's Furrion:
View attachment 64716

Here's where to look at Furrion options: https://furrion.com/collections/cameras/Vehicle

The Vision S Doorway Security or Rear Camera will fit into that pre-wire housing, once you remove the cover and pull out the power wire. Then you'll need a Furrion monitor. They have the receiver built into them. I like the 7" touchscreen as I have 4 cameras.

The Furrion gear is also available to purchase on Amazon.
Sorry to reply to an old post, but I'm trying to hook up the Furrion system I recently bought for our 30' Camper and struggling. The is an electrical female connector behind the camera mount cover, but it is not powering the camera (yes, I turned the tow vehicle lights on). Any tips on how to get power to the Furrion camera wire would be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

SLO

It could just be powered with the backup lights on. Try putting you tow vehicle in reverse and testing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to reply to an old post, but I'm trying to hook up the Furrion system I recently bought for our 30' Camper and struggling. The is an electrical female connector behind the camera mount cover, but it is not powering the camera (yes, I turned the tow vehicle lights on). Any tips on how to get power to the Furrion camera wire would be greatly appreciated.

Thx.
I have a 2023 North Trail and people are finding that the wires are provided but not hooked up "prepped vs. ready". If that's the case, it's easy to get power down from the center running light.

david-steph2018

Thx.
Look around the batteries for an in-line fuse. Check to see if there is a fuse installed. On our Road Warrior, the rear camera was wired to the batteries.

LBR

Look around the batteries for an in-line fuse. Check to see if there is a fuse installed. On our Road Warrior, the rear camera was wired to the batteries.
^^This^^....look for a single wire with an individual fuse holder and maybe with snap on cover...shipped like that from factory....add a fuse.

Thx.
I had the same issue with my 2022 Landmark. Turns out that the wiring was backwards on the camper. Snipped the wires and corrected the issue after spending 2 days trying to figure it out. 20 minutes and it was good to go.