License plate

Wmnmy

Hello ,wmnmy here just wanted to let you guys know to check your license plate on the rear of your rig . My license plate holder was just caulked with a 5 inch bead no screws into the trailer itself . Which resulted in it blowing completely off in the wind somewhere . Several people passed me letting me know it flew off .i couldn’t stop where we were traveling to see if I could find it wasn’t safe to do so . P.I.T.A to get a another. I don’t know if dealer install them or factory. Just heads up.

jbeletti

Hi William - the unit came from the factory with a license plate holder with a light on it (DOT rule). Do you know if you ever had that holder and light? Are there holes in the cap where the screws were and where the wire came out?

ParkIt

Mine was delivered from TX to Seattle so they put a temp on it - and just caulked the plate holder on (what?).
Soon as I got my plates in the mail, I screwed them on with a washer and nut on the backside.

Wmnmy

Yea it was a holder with a light but it was just caulked on no holes in the trailer under the tail light where it came off.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a duplicate plate as the one that came off flew into the desert somewhere lol.

jbeletti

Yea it was a holder with a light but it was just caulked on no holes in the trailer under the tail light where it came off.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a duplicate plate as the one that came off flew into the desert somewhere lol.

William - were the license plate light wires hanging out of a hole where the hanger was ripped off?

By the way - I have reported this to Heartland as this is the first I've heard of this sort of thing. Unsure of the dealer did any of this or if they received it from Heartland this way. I know the transporters add their temp-tags to the frame. Maybe they pulled it out and the dealer glued it on??

Wmnmy

Probably no biggie I ordered a new light plate from amazon it will be here tomorrow I’m good but because it was just caulked the wires must have went with it I just wanted others to check theirs because it was a pain getting new plate from dmv with this coved going on .

ParkIt

William - were the license plate light wires hanging out of a hole where the hanger was ripped off?

By the way - I have reported this to Heartland as this is the first I've heard of this sort of thing. Unsure of the dealer did any of this or if they received it from Heartland this way. I know the transporters add their temp-tags to the frame. Maybe they pulled it out and the dealer glued it on??
Even though mine is older the lights and frame plate were caulked on and since we don't require special permits, the dealer only needed to put stickers on the outside of the back window. There was no plate or temp there at all, it was on the rear window above it so I doubt the dealer even messed with it.

Wmnmy

I took a pick I found one wire inside taillight cover no holes for bracket but it soon will be .

Attachments

• 9C9AFDB9-1B07-4143-89A7-26B0D5B23455.jpg
    9C9AFDB9-1B07-4143-89A7-26B0D5B23455.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 29