Request To View Documents Phishing Attack

wdk450

I have started to get these "Request Permission to View Your Documents" phishing e-mails in my GMail inbox lately. I recently learned that in GMail you can click on the message, the click on the (More) three dots (...) at the top right of the page, then select "Report as Phishing". A confirmation box will pop up, click on "confirm", and the message will be automatically removed from your inbox and reported to the Google anti-phishing staff.

Gary521

I get these type of e-mails almost daily. From FedEx, Netflix, Paypal, Amazon telling me my account is restricted or whatever. ( I don't have a Netflix account ) Log on the update your account. Very official looking documents. I just got a phone call from the Social Security Administration telling me that I have an arrest warrant for me. Would I like to speak to an agent? Why heck yes, I would! This is a way of life these days. I think that these guys figure that if you get beyond a certain age you have gone brain dead. Reporting this stuff to Google or Microsoft will make you feel good but probably goes in their circular file.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Whenever I get an email from one of the many scumbags, I forward it to the fraud unit of the company they say they represent. Never click on any links or reply directly to them. Phone calls...I just press the BLOCK button on my Caller ID device.

wdk450

I get these type of e-mails almost daily. From FedEx, Netflix, Paypal, Amazon telling me my account is restricted or whatever. ( I don't have a Netflix account ) Log on the update your account. Very official looking documents. I just got a phone call from the Social Security Administration telling me that I have an arrest warrant for me. Would I like to speak to an agent? Why heck yes, I would! This is a way of life these days. I think that these guys figure that if you get beyond a certain age you have gone brain dead. Reporting this stuff to Google or Microsoft will make you feel good but probably goes in their circular file.

Did you hear about the Jamaican guy who tried to scam the former FBI and CIA director, William Webster? This phone creep said that he was going to have a sniper shoot the couple, included a description of their house, and of the wife - all info he probably got off the internet while sitting in Jamaica.
He got lured to the US for payment, and now has a 6 year tour in the slammer.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/08/politics/cia-fbi-scammer-william-webster/index.html