4115 Washer/Dryer Location

crwdavis

Hey everyone,

Just purchased a 4115, and during the initial showing, prior to purchasing, we never took notice that the washer hook-ups are extremely close to the 1/2 bath door in the garage. I roughly measured it out and it is only 8-10 inches of space which means once a washer is installed our rear bathroom doesn't have a door or it because in-operable. Am I overlooking something here? I think the most logical place to put the washer/dryer would be behind the loft bunk ladder but this would impede access to the bunk and another modification would have to be done in the safety rail in the loft bunk to allow access.

Any owners out there that installed a washer/dryer would love to hear your input.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I'm surprised that no other owner has responded to you. If you get no response, call Heartland and ask for the Cyclone team and ask them. 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 Have your VIN in hand.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I recently had a conversation with a friend that was looking at a new Cyclone and the deal killer for them was the location of the washer vs the half bath door was a no go for them. He questioned if anyone at Heartland read the memo.
Decided to look at another brand.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

Flick

Hey everyone,

Just purchased a 4115, and during the initial showing, prior to purchasing, we never took notice that the washer hook-ups are extremely close to the 1/2 bath door in the garage. I roughly measured it out and it is only 8-10 inches of space which means once a washer is installed our rear bathroom doesn't have a door or it because in-operable. Am I overlooking something here? I think the most logical place to put the washer/dryer would be behind the loft bunk ladder but this would impede access to the bunk and another modification would have to be done in the safety rail in the loft bunk to allow access.

Any owners out there that installed a washer/dryer would love to hear your input.

I didn’t respond because I figured that someone has this unit and has a good response. Apparently, those who have one didn’t want a w/d or don’t have a fix.
That does seem to be a flaw in the planning or layout of this model. I watched a YouTube on a salesman describing the layout and he conveniently didn’t mention the w/d.
It appears there would have been an easy fix at the factory. The entry door for the bath could have been installed from the rear instead of the side and the w/d would work where it’s plumbed. I probably would rebuild the 1/2 bath walls and make it work. Lot of work, and unless there’s some other reason not to do it, I’d modify the walls. That’s my take. Perhaps it’s off base since I don’t have a complete picture of the space.

crwdavis

Thanks for the response, I was hoping that someone may have a solution. Rebuilding the bathroom door/wall may be the best. Actually the wife and I are thinking of putting a stackable washer/dryer in there so we can have a vented dryer. It sounds like these ventless combo units do not like to dry very quickly. Currently we are looking at modifications to move the washer hookup on the backside of the 1/2 toilet, this will allow us to have the stackable unit to the left of the rear door, but of course we have to modify the ladder to the loft bunk now. It is the only reasonable solution I can come up with, especially since we are leaning towards a stackable washer/dryer.

FL-JOE

I don’t have the same model, but my 4006 has the same issue. My 1/2 bath corner wall swings on a hinge so I’m removing it along with my door. This will allow me to stack a Splindid washer & dryer in the middle front. We are getting one of those curved shower rods to go around the opening to the 1/2 bath. These are definitely designed for the single unit combo w/d. We tried one years ago and they are fine if you don’t mind taking 3 hours to wash/dry a pair of jeans and a couple towels.

akfoote

...but my 4006 has the same issue.

Yep! We can attest to that for sure, 2021 4006 is the same tight squeeze. Our first tour with this thing and we have not run the washer yet.. too leery of the amount of h2o vs what we have on board. I think we will change it out on our next tour for a portable unit and some clothesline :)
(still not sure on that yet though)

@FL-JOE love the
curved shower rod idea - Thanks

FL-JOE

Yep! We can attest to that for sure, 2021 4006 is the same tight squeeze.......

@FL-JOE love the
curved shower rod idea - Thanks

We are currently on our last leg of the trip out to Texas picking up this rig. Should be back in central Florida tonight and the boss has already insisted that my first job the next couple of days is to get the washer/dryer stacked and running (she hates campground laundry rooms for some reason).

Anyway, I'll do the curved rod and try to post in a week or so when it is all up and working out.

Only been in this fiver 4 days but we REALLY like it so far.

mikeandconnie

You may want to check out the Miele T1and W1 stackable ventless. With the heat pump design they dry faster and quieter than our splendid vent type. They are 110 plug and Play, but very pricey. We currently use the splendid and Miele and happy with both.

cashmore

We have a 4115, we have a combo unit installed on that wall where it's plumbed and haven't really had an issue with the bathroom door. We haven't had some of the issues that others have reported with combo units, my wife says that if you follow the instructions, and don't overload it (use the manuals examples), yes the loads are much smaller and you can't dry as much as you can wash but it has worked very well for us. She'll do some laundry throughout the week and not let it all pile up into mountains, she says otherwise it'll take forever. Yes having the washer there where they have it plumbed is a bit tight, however let's be honest that bathroom is really really tight anyway.

There definitely isn't room right there on that wall for a washer and a dryer without some kind of modification. I can see where the door on the bathroom would be a big issue if there were. I'd love to see what other do for modifications on the bathroom if anyone does do something.

FL-JOE

You may want to check out the Miele T1and W1 stackable ventless. With the heat pump design they dry faster and quieter than our splendid vent type. They are 110 plug and Play, but very pricey. We currently use the splendid and Miele and happy with both.

Wow, they are expensive. We got a decent price on our Splendid models ($1,700). Had them before and they worked really good.

akfoote

@FL-JOE

Yes .. when you get a chance post a pic or two. I'm interested in what you come up with for the curved rod and stackable solution.

HA.. Where did you buy from down here? We are stuck in TX right now. First Heartland place I could get a tech to look at our hydraulics on this new unit. It's hard to maneuver around in here w/ out hydraulics. ;)

- Kevin

FL-JOE

@FL-JOE

Yes .. when you get a chance post a pic or two. I'm interested in what you come up with for the curved rod and stackable solution.

HA.. Where did you buy from down here? We are stuck in TX right now. First Heartland place I could get a tech to look at our hydraulics on this new unit. It's hard to maneuver around in here w/ out hydraulics. ;)

- Kevin

We bought our 4006 from Family RV in Sweetwater. They ended up reducing the price just over 30% from MSRP. They had a pretty good size parts and service department IMHO.

I got a little sidetracked today and it took time away from my w/d install. The DW wanted extra wire shelving in the pantry and an additional shelf in the bathroom cabinet. Once I secured, leveled, and hooked up the washer it was time to call it a day. I did discover there will be enough room to keep the corner wall and door on the half bath.

In the next couple days I’ll install the stack kit and mount the dryer. Not sure what I’ll do with the garage TV I had to take down. Maybe stud the loft opening in and remount it up there.

I do know I’ll be concentrating on installing etrack after the w/d is done. My Harley Trike can’t be secured with the OEM tie downs that came with this model.