Does the 21RBSS come with an inverter

Dralign

Hello All, thanks for being here. I am about to receive my first RV/travel trailer (21RBSS). I am not exactly sure how we will be using it yet. I believe it will be more for the hotel and restaurant on wheels (during Covid) while traveling vs camping. That being said, I am sure we might want the ability to boondock at times instead of being in a campsite with hookups. I was thinking of upgrading my energy system, but I believe I will do that after I have it for a few months and decide how I will be using it. That being said, I will probably want to do some minor upgrades while I decide. 2 quick questions: does this unit come with an inverter and If you wanted to buy a Generator that was powerful enough to run a 15k BTU AC on a quite street/campsite, which one would you suggest? Thanks

danemayer

Hi Dralign,

If your 21rbss is a North Trail, it comes with (like every RV) a Power Converter that changes 120V AC to 12V DC to charge the battery and power lights and circuit boards, along with the furnace.

It does not come with an inverter to change 12V DC into 120V AC to power outlets or air conditioner, microwave, coffee pot, etc. If you plan on adding solar panels, you'll also need a charge controller as well as an inverter.

We have a lot of owners who use generators while boon docking, so I'm sure you'll get some advice on generators shortly.