TST monitor tire readings

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
First off, let me say I love and depend on my TST system. My question is, does anyone else experience one or more sensors that do not "report"? I may get three sensors reporting after a few miles, but the last sensor does not come to life until ~ 60 miles into the trip. I will add that I frequently do get all sensors reporting, but regularly also have one or more that lag in reporting and regularly check antenna position. And, yes I have changed the batteries, so they are fresh.

Secondly, what exactly does the "+" and "-" buttons do?

Maybe I need to revisit the users manual!?!?

Lou_and_Bette

I have 12 sensors and, like you, some do lag in reporting. This lag seems to be random amongst the 12 as which one will lag this time

sengli

Do you have the optional, receiver? I know about half of my sensing units dont report all the time... with out the extra receiver/TX unit I have wired in the bumper of my truck. My landmark is 42ft long, and my RAM dually is 22ft long.

LBR

I installed the repeater on the pinbox from day one with our 12 sensors...never a dropout.

CDN

B and B
I placed the repeater in the top of the wet bay. Tapped into the light for Power. Works well.

fullsizeoutput_cc0.jpg

CoveredWagon

Start out by putting in new batteries in the sensors then install a repeater. I had dropouts as well finally did the above and for the last 3 years perfect operation.

Flick

First off, let me say I love and depend on my TST system. My question is, does anyone else experience one or more sensors that do not "report"? I may get three sensors reporting after a few miles, but the last sensor does not come to life until ~ 60 miles into the trip. I will add that I frequently do get all sensors reporting, but regularly also have one or more that lag in reporting and regularly check antenna position. And, yes I have changed the batteries, so they are fresh.

Secondly, what exactly does the "+" and "-" buttons do?

Maybe I need to revisit the users manual!?!?

I have my repeater plastic tied to my right front leveling leg. Works pretty good but not perfect. Get drop outs and temp readings on certain wheels that causes the alarm to go off. I like mine because at least I know before I leave to get on the road if my pressures are ok without having to bump each wheel.

david-steph2018

My repeater is on the battery box and hooked in there. Sometimes there are issues with 1 or 2 of the sensors, so I will replace these before heading south.

mike.9510

Hello All,

My name is Mike Benson with TST. Please call me with any questions 210-420-0132. The repeater should prevent any lag and drop out from the sensors. The plus and minus buttons are used when setting up and programming your TST. The plus and minus allow you to customize your Low and High Alert parameters on a per axle basis. If anyone has the repeater installed and is experiencing any lag or dropout please call me, there is only 1 thing that could cause this, and that is if you have something you may have added in your RV that is running on the same frequency like maybe an atomic clock, or wireless weather station, there are only a couple brands that run on the same frequency.

Thanks,

Mike Benson
TST TPMS
210-420-0132

wdk450

Hello All,

My name is Mike Benson with TST. Please call me with any questions 210-420-0132. The repeater should prevent any lag and drop out from the sensors. The plus and minus buttons are used when setting up and programming your TST. The plus and minus allow you to customize your Low and High Alert parameters on a per axle basis. If anyone has the repeater installed and is experiencing any lag or dropout please call me, there is only 1 thing that could cause this, and that is if you have something you may have added in your RV that is running on the same frequency like maybe an atomic clock, or wireless weather station, there are only a couple brands that run on the same frequency.

Thanks,

Mike Benson
TST TPMS
210-420-0132

Mike:
Thanks for the reply. I think that many of us RVers use an outside wireless temperature sensor, and maybe a dual wireless refrigerator/freezer temperature readout.

I know that the TPMS system saved me on a cross country trip when one of my trailer brake drums cracked at the neck with the wheel bearings inside (probably from a combination of a weak drum casting and road defect impacts), the tire began rubbing/shredding on a frame piece, and the TPMS alarm went off just as I entered an interstate highway. I pulled over immediately, the tire didn't blow, I didn't have resulting trailer damage from flying tire debris, and a possible accident was avoided.

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
Hello All,

Thanks,

Mike Benson
TST TPMS
210-420-0132

Thanks Mike for following up on this topic. I started this thread and now am wondering what a repeater would cost?

I have a F-350 crew cab and 42 ft. Big Country 3965DSS and can't say haw far it would be from the tires/sensors and receiver/monitor? ~ 25-30 ft.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mike.9510

Hello,

The repeater is not a very expensive add. You can check out a few of our Authorized Dealers
Techno RV 866-324-7915
Great RV Products 952-807-2290

They both have the TST repeater for $62.00

The repeater will solve any drop out issues you are having, and will optimize your system.

I am always available for Heartland Members if you should need me at 210-420-0132

Thanks Heartland!!!

Regards,

Mike TST

Thanks Mike for following up on this topic. I started this thread and now am wondering what a repeater would cost?

I have a F-350 crew cab and 42 ft. Big Country 3965DSS and can't say haw far it would be from the tires/sensors and receiver/monitor? ~ 25-30 ft.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lost_my_beer

Now that is great CS right there! Kudos.
I upgrade to the TST and only used for 1 trip so far. I didnt use the repeater that came in the box. Figured my last brand didnt require it so I might get away with not with tst. Wrong! Sometimes they all worked, sometime just the forward ones. Going to install it before the next trip in the battery box area also.
Very happy with the setup so far tho.
Rig is 23’ long with a 44’ trailer so I am sure I am pushing the bluetooth capabilities.
Troy