Prospective buyer.

Medic1027

Good morning everyone! I’m new here and have been looking through the posts for information about the bighorn travelers. My wife and I are looking at and very close to purchasing a 2021 39mb. After our last purchase of a travel trailer I am very Leary of quality issues, especially on something as expensive as a fifth wheel. If anyone has any experiences good or bad with this fiver we would like to hear from you. We are really loving camping but need more room. I pretty handy with fixing things and working on stuff but we have had major issues in just a few months with our current camper and are scared of buying a bigger more expensive camper and being in the same shape or worse off than I am now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jaktwo

We have a 2016 Oakmont 345RS. My understanding is this is The predecessor to the traveler. Very similar floor plan to what you are looking at. Minus the extra room. We couldn’t be happier with ours. We do keep it in covered storage. I have done some upgrades. But it has never been back to a dealer since we bought it. Had a couple minor issues I took care of myself. I think when it is time to upgrade we will be looking very strongly at Heartland products. Good luck in your search!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

We had a 2013 Big Horn. We loved it. It had a few minor issues that I took care of myself and one that I went to an independent RV repair business. Heartland is one of the few, if not the only one, that will approve this. Must get prior approvial before getting it worked on. They support their owners and the rallies are terrific. I needed a few items under warranty and they sent them to me. It was simple replacement items and they have no quam about a owner doing their own repair. Totally easy to deal with and a great company. If my health issues did not limit me, I would have purchased another fifth wheel from Heartland without a second thought.

We have a 2018 Bighorn Traveler 32RS purchased about two years ago. From the get go we've had numerous problems including bad furnace fan, bad inverter, hydraulic issues, cracked black water tank, rotted slide out floors from manufacturing issues, and on and on. After two years I think we have all the issues under control, but I always wonder what's going to happen next. I personally don't know if these issues would have happened with any other brand, but this is our fifth towable rv and we've not had as many issues previously.
If you have a dealer with a great service department or a service center near you, I'd say go for it. Otherwise, you may be in for lots of travel to and fro for service for a while. Plus, it's a plus if you are handy to take care of small details.
Just my two cents.

Flick

Good morning everyone! I’m new here and have been looking through the posts for information about the bighorn travelers. My wife and I are looking at and very close to purchasing a 2021 39mb. After our last purchase of a travel trailer I am very Leary of quality issues, especially on something as expensive as a fifth wheel. If anyone has any experiences good or bad with this fiver we would like to hear from you. We are really loving camping but need more room. I pretty handy with fixing things and working on stuff but we have had major issues in just a few months with our current camper and are scared of buying a bigger more expensive camper and being in the same shape or worse off than I am now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It’s kind of like personal medical issues. If it doesn’t concern surgery, it’s simpler to do things for ourselves. It’s really very rewarding and especially with all the info available on the internet, most is quite easy. Just have a plan ahead of time where you want to have your unit serviced if the need arises. Ask questions about future service needs from your dealer. Meet with the service manager to explain your concerns about how some owners get messed around. Get agreements in writing. Remember that the PDI that should take you hours to go thru can head off a lot of small problems. Do this before you finalize your deal. They’ll be more willing to fix these items faster. Good luck.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Depends, too, if you’re a seasonal or occasional user, or are you full time. As a former seasonal camper, I could take it to the dealer we bought it from before or after the season for “surgeries.” Most everything else, I did myself. If you’re seasonal or extended stay, look for smaller RV dealers in the area and ask if they will send Techs instead of you pulling your rig to them, depending on the problem.

I used a local one (twice) to replace damaged main awnings on two different rigs. They came to our site to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwc

I would be leary of HL. I have a 2018 Cyclone, problem after problem. Biggest is rotting slideout floors. Mine seemed like it was built by a 3rd grader. Inside doors even upside down. They have repaired most everything but that's what they are supposed to do.They are balking on repairing the slide out floors they said it's not structural and then they said my unit was still six weeks before the three structural warranty anyway.