Heating front Closet - Newport

ILH

While our 2020 Newport Landmark has an A/C vent in the front walk-in closet, it does NOT have a heater vent. Let me tell you - as the temperature drops in the fall, it is very cold up front! Last night the temperature dropped to near frost levels - with the furnace running almost continuously. From within the bathroom, you could feel the cold air from under the closet door. I realize this complaint doesn't mean much for those of you in warmer climates - but for those of us with colder spring and fall camping, it would mean a much more comfortable coach.

Hey Heartland - this should be an easy fix for future model years.

danemayer

Try hanging a heat lamp in the pass through basement storage.

But be aware that if your furnace thermostat is over that area, you might need to adjust the settings.

Flick

While our 2020 Newport Landmark has an A/C vent in the front walk-in closet, it does NOT have a heater vent. Let me tell you - as the temperature drops in the fall, it is very cold up front! Last night the temperature dropped to near frost levels - with the furnace running almost continuously. From within the bathroom, you could feel the cold air from under the closet door. I realize this complaint doesn't mean much for those of you in warmer climates - but for those of us with colder spring and fall camping, it would mean a much more comfortable coach.

Hey Heartland - this should be an easy fix for future model years.

I realize that you are probably not looking for suggestions but rather expressing your opinion about how a good coach could be made better.
However, what I would do is set a small ceramic heater in that area and it would keep it very toasty. These heaters are safe to the touch and cut off if they tip over. On low setting, or whatever, I think it would accomplish what you want.
When traveling in cold weather, we have several of these heaters to use wherever they are necessary.

ILH

Try hanging a heat lamp in the pass through basement storage.

But be aware that if your furnace thermostat is over that area, you might need to adjust the settings.

Thanks for the reply Dan - but the walk-in front closet is too big for a heat lamp under the floor to affect heating. FYI - the furnace thermostat is on the very rear wall of the RV - the opposite end of the rig. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I realize that you are probably not looking for suggestions but rather expressing your opinion about how a good coach could be made better. However, what I would do is set a small ceramic heater in that area and it would keep it very toasty. These heaters are safe to the touch and cut off if they tip over. On low setting, or whatever, I think it would accomplish what you want. When traveling in cold weather, we have several of these heaters to use wherever they are necessary.
Thanks - while is the most logical solution, not sure about putting a ceramic heater on the floor of a crowded closet. Probably just better to open the door and allow bathroom temps to warm up closet.