Winterizing

We have a 2015 3650 RL Big Country and would like to know where the low point drain is and where is the water pump. I am guessing behind the control panel. Also the water pump filter housing has to be drained and I assume it is on the pump.
Have had many coaches but been out of RVing for 15 years and we are back. The Eagle we had I could access everything and the drains were under the coach .
I prefer blowing the lines out for winterizing so any help on this Big Country would be appreciated.
Thank you

danemayer

Hi Ed,

Big Country (also Bighorn and Landmark) don't have low point drains. They do have a fresh tank drain and if you have washer prep, you may have an overflow drain hose for the washing machine overflow pan.

Your Big Country likely has a Universal Docking Center (UDC) where the water connections are made. The water pump is probably behind the UDC. To get to it, you'll need to take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage on that side.

You may find our Winterization user guide helpful.

travlingman

Hi Ed,

Big Country (also Bighorn and Landmark) don't have low point drains. They do have a fresh tank drain and if you have washer prep, you may have an overflow drain hose for the washing machine overflow pan.

Your Big Country likely has a Universal Docking Center (UDC) where the water connections are made. The water pump is probably behind the UDC. To get to it, you'll need to take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage on that side.

You may find our Winterization user guide helpful.

Don't know when they started, but Landmark's now have low point drains. Here is a video of a new 2021. Look around the 8:14 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_xcZdvAZOg

sengli

Filling the traps with antifreeze is all good. blowing out the lines should work well. Remember to drain the water heater, and the outside shower plumbing too. Flip your input selector in the UDC to winterize and turn on the pump with a hose in a bottle of antifreeze and away you go. Mine usually takes about 2.5 gallons of the freeze to do the job. Then I blow it out after that.

NYSUPstater

When you blows out the lines:

1. Do you drain the hot water tank 1st, then reinsert plug?
2. Do NOT turn bypass valve on until ready to add anti-freeze?

If you recall, I had a MAJOR problem this year when winterizing ours. After draining water tank, put plug back in, attached air hose set at 35 psi, pressurized tank and proceeded to blow out the lines. All the while, had bypass in normal setting.
Go to add AF after switching bypass valve and water tank is filling up w/ AF. Pressed for time, had to take down wall in basement, disconnect lines to water tank, add a section of water hose (Camco water heater bypass kit), then was able to finish winterizing. So not sure if the diverter valve went south or a water pressure valve on water tank went south. Spring project. Hoping it's a valve on water tank cuz the diverter valve looks to be a PITA to do.

danemayer

Don't know when they started, but Landmark's now have low point drains. Here is a video of a new 2021. Look around the 8:14 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_xcZdvAZOg
Here's a screen capture at 8:12. That's from the off-door side toward the rear of the trailer. To me it appears to be a fresh tank drain and possibly an overflow line from the top of the fresh tank. Unless this is a rear kitchen floor plan, I wouldn't expect to find hot and cold water lines that far back.

Landmark Drains.JPG

travlingman

Here's a screen capture at 8:12. That's from the off-door side toward the rear of the trailer. To me it appears to be a fresh tank drain and possibly an overflow line from the top of the fresh tank. Unless this is a rear kitchen floor plan, I wouldn't expect to find hot and cold water lines that far back.

View attachment 64877

If all goes as planned, we will be looking at new Landmarks Tuesday. We finally have a dealer near us carrying them now. I will check then as in pictures I have noticed a few changes.

danemayer

If all goes as planned, we will be looking at new Landmarks Tuesday. We finally have a dealer near us carrying them now. I will check then as in pictures I have noticed a few changes.

While you're there, if they have one that has a heat pump, see if you can get them to demo how to fire it up in HEAT mode using the KIB control tablet, and snap a picture if you can.

travlingman

Salesman didn't know how to get to heat pump or if it had it. I did turn on the AC's with the one control and didn't see a heat pump but don't know if coach had one.

And Landmarks do have low point drains now along with other changes. And we didn't think changes for the good.

Last edited: