Hydraulic Rack/Pinion Slide Maintenance

Burnsze15

Ive got a 2020 Cyclone (built 8/19). Wondering what I should lubricate the rack with and what I should be applying to the hydraulic actuator for lubrication? Any other maintenance I should be doing to the mechanics to keep it operating well?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

With success, I have used Boeshield T-9 spray on the rack and gear cogs. Then run the slide in and out a couple of times.

The hydraulic piston generally requires no care, from what I understand.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With success, I have used Boeshield T-9 spray on the rack and gear cogs. Then run the slide in and out a couple of times.

The hydraulic piston generally requires no care, from what I understand.

Boeshield T-9 is an excellent lubricant. I use it on my cast iron tool surfaces and the wood almost cuts itself it's so slick :)

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Pistons are Teflon coated so at most you could wipe off any grit but otherwise they’re maintenance free IMO.
As a farm boy I brush a thin coat of used motor oil on the notched slide rams and gears once or twice a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ParkIt

Boeshield T-9 is an excellent lubricant. I use it on my cast iron tool surfaces and the wood almost cuts itself it's so slick :)
In the manual, it does mention using a motor oil lubricant but that seemed a little odd to me. This looks like the ticket! Thanks for posting it, found it on search.

SLO

This sound just like WD-40 with the addition of the waxy film for lubricate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk