Thousand Trails Camping pass

Jgolliher

Hello all,

I recently booked a place for us in late November to mid December and was offered a discounted rate for a Thousand Trails camping pass. I looked into it, and it seems too good to be true. My question is, do any of you all have this pass, and if so do you think it’s worth it? Thank you for any input! Stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Jgolliher,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I've moved your thread into the Thousand Trails section of the forum. Here's a link. As you'll see, there are a number of other threads that discuss Thousand Trails.

Jgolliher

Hi Jgolliher,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I've moved your thread into the Thousand Trails section of the forum. Here's a link. As you'll see, there are a number of other threads that discuss Thousand Trails.

Thank you, also figuring out how to navigate this wonderful forum. Thanks for the help. We are excited new heartland owners.

david-steph2018

Hello all,

I recently booked a place for us in late November to mid December and was offered a discounted rate for a Thousand Trails camping pass. I looked into it, and it seems too good to be true. My question is, do any of you all have this pass, and if so do you think it’s worth it? Thank you for any input! Stay safe.

We don't have the Camping Pass, formally known as Zone Pass, but we have been Thousand Trails members since 2003. What the Camping Pass is a low cost pass that allows you to camp in THOUSAND TRAILS parks for up to 14 days at a time. After that you must be out of the system for 7 days. Even if it is only 1 night in a Thousand Trails park , it still is 7 days.
This is only good for Thousand Trails parks, not Encore Parks. In Florida there are only 3 Thousand Trails Parks:
1) Peace River
2) Orlando
3) Three Flags RV in Wildwood

For example, if you have the Southeast zone you have access to 23 Thousand Trails parks in that zone. But you can purchase additional zones for $59 each.

A big disadvantage is you only have a 60 day booking window, and you can only have 1 holiday in the reservation system at a time. With 60 days it could be hard to make a reservation but it does help with the cost of camping.

If you want access to the Encore parks in Florida, at no cost out of pocket at the moment, it will cost you $299/year. This is called the Trails Collection Pass. What this does is allow you to camp in an Encore park for up to 14 days. But again you must be out of the system for 7 days. Now some Encore Parks, you have an additional charge of $20/night, even with the Trails Collection pass. SO if you camp in an Encore Park for 2 weeks, it pays for the pass.

Jgolliher

We don't have the Camping Pass, formally known as Zone Pass, but we have been Thousand Trails members since 2003. What the Camping Pass is a low cost pass that allows you to camp in THOUSAND TRAILS parks for up to 14 days at a time. After that you must be out of the system for 7 days. Even if it is only 1 night in a Thousand Trails park , it still is 7 days.
This is only good for Thousand Trails parks, not Encore Parks. In Florida there are only 3 Thousand Trails Parks:
1) Peace River
2) Orlando
3) Three Flags RV in Wildwood

For example, if you have the Southeast zone you have access to 23 Thousand Trails parks in that zone. But you can purchase additional zones for $59 each.

A big disadvantage is you only have a 60 day booking window, and you can only have 1 holiday in the reservation system at a time. With 60 days it could be hard to make a reservation but it does help with the cost of camping.

If you want access to the Encore parks in Florida, at no cost out of pocket at the moment, it will cost you $299/year. This is called the Trails Collection Pass. What this does is allow you to camp in an Encore park for up to 14 days. But again you must be out of the system for 7 days. Now some Encore Parks, you have an additional charge of $20/night, even with the Trails Collection pass. SO if you camp in an Encore Park for 2 weeks, it pays for the pass.

Thank you for the input, much appreciated!