Has anyone had their HL tip over in the wind!!!????

ParkIt

Today the weather took an ugly turn and I'm getting 40-60mph gusts. It ripped off the AC shroud so far and I'm really rocking back and forth. Definitely concerned about being blown over, anything I can do to not have that happen?
This is scary.

jbeletti

Hook up the truck, then drop the jacks to just stabilize so the coach isn't any higher than it needs to be.

If possible, reposition the RV to be pointed straight into the wind.

Just my thoughts.

ParkIt

Hook up the truck, then drop the jacks to just stabilize so the coach isn't any higher than it needs to be.

If possible, reposition the RV to be pointed straight into the wind.

Just my thoughts.
Truck is in the shop (of course!) until Monday or Wednesday, a friend might be able to get his truck out here and hook up. Winds are coming from two different directions which is rare and like a boat I'd turn into the strongest wind gusts. Already lowered it as far as I could...still shaking around.
This is insane.

Flick

Truck is in the shop (of course!) until Monday or Wednesday, a friend might be able to get his truck out here and hook up. Winds are coming from two different directions which is rare and like a boat I'd turn into the strongest wind gusts. Already lowered it as far as I could...still shaking around.
This is insane.

We were in Rockport, Tx a couple weeks back and same thing. Probably best to not get out in it at this point. They can withstand a lot, prob more than you or I. Good luck. It’ll pass.

ParkIt

We were in Rockport, Tx a couple weeks back and same thing. Probably best to not get out in it at this point. They can withstand a lot, prob more than you or I. Good luck. It’ll pass.
Thanks for the support! Hopefully this won't last long.

Flick

Thanks for the support! Hopefully this won't last long.

Yes, we knew the storm (Laura) was coming but the weather people kept saying it was going to turn north and then northeast and it did. But the thought of what was possible was tough to think about. We would look out the window of our unit and I will tell you it looked to me like we were the only ones who didn’t leave. But later I saw people stirring and found that others were hiding and had the same thoughts.

Fox

Living in SE USA I am baffled by the folks who think it's OK to ride out our numerous storms in a mobile home; sometimes to their detriment.

I hope you made it out OK.

BLR

Helps if fresh water is full also

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

LBR

Might help to add some weight to the trailer.... fill the fresh water tank full, and you could always put extra water down into the black and gray tanks also to help weather out the winds.

Flick

Yes, we knew the storm (Laura) was coming but the weather people kept saying it was going to turn north and then northeast and it did. But the thought of what was possible was tough to think about. We would look out the window of our unit and I will tell you it looked to me like we were the only ones who didn’t leave. But later I saw people stirring and found that others were hiding and had the same thoughts.

No big deal but a correction on my part, the storm name that we experienced near Rockport was Beta. To many storms this year.

KyleC

Did anyone hear of the fella survived without a damaged trailer?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

ParkIt

Good info on filling the tanks, hadn't thought of that so thanks for those who posted that idea. When I find property I'd planned on putting tie down straps to a cement poured pad, lived in a mobile home for 2 years in NC where anything that could have been towed was strapped down. Might seem excessive yet it's a thought I've had for a long time not just for storms but earthquakes as well. The main frame would be strapped, still playing around with how to secure the slides.

Storms here are sudden and short with no way to predict what, if any, rain we might get and wind speeds. It doesn't happen but every 6-8 years and took everyone by surprise. Some home owners lost smaller buildings and roofing...then it got sunny and stopped entirely. Micro bursts aren't uncommon almost everywhere in WA and we just can't predict burst winds and direction.

I managed to not care when it died down...had a Vagal Nerve flare that sent me to the hospital for 14 hours. Might seem like the worst way to shrug it off but it worked?
PS: I'm going to have to put something on the steps out of the bedroom, 3 days ago I came out in my socks as usual and slid off hitting the kitchen floor just about knocking me out. It bruised my ribs and put pressure on my back enough to cause an episode. Not gonna happen again!

danemayer

Good info on filling the tanks, hadn't thought of that so thanks for those who posted that idea. When I find property I'd planned on putting tie down straps to a cement poured pad, lived in a mobile home for 2 years in NC where anything that could have been towed was strapped down. Might seem excessive yet it's a thought I've had for a long time not just for storms but earthquakes as well. The main frame would be strapped, still playing around with how to secure the slides.

Storms here are sudden and short with no way to predict what, if any, rain we might get and wind speeds. It doesn't happen but every 6-8 years and took everyone by surprise. Some home owners lost smaller buildings and roofing...then it got sunny and stopped entirely. Micro bursts aren't uncommon almost everywhere in WA and we just can't predict burst winds and direction.

I managed to not care when it died down...had a Vagal Nerve flare that sent me to the hospital for 14 hours. Might seem like the worst way to shrug it off but it worked?
PS: I'm going to have to put something on the steps out of the bedroom, 3 days ago I came out in my socks as usual and slid off hitting the kitchen floor just about knocking me out. It bruised my ribs and put pressure on my back enough to cause an episode. Not gonna happen again!

Back when we had the original fold-up steps, I ordered a sheet of this self-adhesive skateboard grip tape from Amazon. Easy install and it worked well.

ParkIt

Back when we had the original fold-up steps, I ordered a sheet of this self-adhesive skateboard grip tape from Amazon. Easy install and it worked well.
I plan on replacing the carpet and padding to a similar one when I remodeled the house. It stopped the sock slip on steps and did try step non-skids but they didn't stick/stay down to the existing carpet in my rig, just left sticky residue that wasn't fun to remove. One corner had curled overnight bc of the heater vent just above the step, that one sent me flying sliding across the kitchen floor and hitting the back of my head on the kitchen slide trim.
Heater vent will be eliminated as well as the non-secured from factory one directly into the WC. That will be re-routed under the sink cabinet instead so the bathroom has heat without leaving doors open.

danemayer

I plan on replacing the carpet and padding to a similar one when I remodeled the house. It stopped the sock slip on steps and did try step non-skids but they didn't stick/stay down to the existing carpet in my rig, just left sticky residue that wasn't fun to remove. One corner had curled overnight bc of the heater vent just above the step, that one sent me flying sliding across the kitchen floor and hitting the back of my head on the kitchen slide trim.
Heater vent will be eliminated as well as the non-secured from factory one directly into the WC. That will be re-routed under the sink cabinet instead so the bathroom has heat without leaving doors open.

Sorry, I misinterpreted and thought you slipped on exterior steps. The skateboard grip tape wouldn't be appropriate on carpet.