I am having regrets about Heartland

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
The door on our power cord reel broke. I contacted heartland parts to order a new door and frame. I was told that they need to ship to a dealer in Canada. Well, they do not have any dealers in western Canada. they had several listed but nobody carries heartland. they say that Canada will not let them ship directly except through a dealer and broker.

I buy direct from the USA all the time without a broker.

When I contacted our dealers ( non heartland) they refused to order from heartland as they do not carry the product.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I believe this is the hatch you need.
19-0239-2.jpg

Last edited:

carl.swoyer

The door on our power cord reel broke. I contacted heartland parts to order a new door and frame. I was told that they need to ship to a dealer in Canada. Well, they do not have any dealers in western Canada. they had several listed but nobody carries heartland. they say that Canada will not let them ship directly except through a dealer and broker.

I buy direct from the USA all the time without a broker.

When I contacted our dealers ( non heartland) they refused to order from heartland as they do not carry the product.
Have them ship it to anyone you know here in the US (a friend). Ask them to ship it to you. But you would have to pay shipping.?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Piperflyer

I believe this is the hatch you need.

This is the hatch you need. If you can find it (seems out of stock everywhere) Thetford makes a replacement - part: 94316, Access Hatch with two cut outs. I tried to find it online, but everyone is out of stock. Not sure why!

We purchased our new Heartland Sundance 283 RB from Leisuure Time trailer sales and Park in Palgrave Ontario. They seem well stocked for Heartland items, maybe they could be a Canadian source for your needs?

Good luck,

Steve and Carrie

CDN

B and B
Hello,

I had exactly the same issue. The thing I had shipped was my Landmark sign. The shipping said it had to be commercial operation to accept the shipment. This does sound weird as Heartland must be the only company I know of that has to ship this way.

They are treating us Canadians very unfairly and it seems like the choice of Courier is the issue here. So much for shipping parts and having us fix our own issues.

Brian

Flick

Hello,

I had exactly the same issue. The thing I had shipped was my Landmark sign. The shipping said it had to be commercial operation to accept the shipment. This does sound weird as Heartland must be the only company I know of that has to ship this way.

They are treating us Canadians very unfairly and it seems like the choice of Courier is the issue here. So much for shipping parts and having us fix our own issues.

Brian

Here in Texas, we have a similar situation, every now and then, with certain companies you buy from and certain truck delivery companies that won’t ship unless you have a commercial business and/or a load dock. So in those instances, I have items shipped to my daughter’s company. Doesn’t happen often but has happened.
How about if you find a company or small business that you’ve done business with, other than an RV related business, and get them to agree to accept delivery. Not the best scenario, but if they say they’ll only ship to a business, that MAY meet their criteria. You’d have to have a good contact person you know so whoever receives your item doesn’t say, “Hmmm, no Brian here. You must have the wrong address”. Good luck.

CDN

B and B
Thank you for that about commercial delivery. I thought about doing at where I work but with COVID many staff are laid or or downsize and receiving is one of the areas.

UPDATE for Chainsaw!

I can accept commercial delivery from US shipment via UPS at local UPS store. They change me $10.

So you can have Heartland ship to your local UPS depot, check with them first.

The international border factors into this with UPS being one of the less than ideal shippers. If they used FedEx of USPS there would be no issues.

Brian