Anderson valve rnr

carl.swoyer

Ok folks I had to change the
Anderson valve. Arrgg
I was unable to put it back together with the spring. I have CTS in my left wrist and just didn't have the grip.
So my question is,
What if anything will I loose in function without the spring? Is it possible that I was pushing the brass piece in to far?
Thanks
BTW I have replaced it before no issues.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have done several of those and every so often I would get one that just wouldn't push in enough to turn it and lock in.. I found that if I pull it out again and make sure the inner valve is clear of debris, using the knob on the cartridge I reinstall it while rotating and pushing, it will usually go all the way in. With it all the way in the outer lock ring and spring go in fairly easily. I have fought many of these before I learned the trick.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
My experience is the same as Jerrod's. I have also done several of these and when it does not seat properly, I do what Jerrod described above and then it is not too difficult.

Rod

carl.swoyer

I have done several of those and every so often I would get one that just wouldn't push in enough to turn it and lock in.. I found that if I pull it out again and make sure the inner valve is clear of debris, using the knob on the cartridge I reinstall it while rotating and pushing, it will usually go all the way in. With it all the way in the outer lock ring and spring go in fairly easily. I have fought many of these before I learned the trick.

Hope this helps
Jerrod
Thanks Jerrod,
I'll give it a try.
Right now it's in without the spring.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk