2013 Road Warrior

Scrap

Just purchased a new to me 2013 Road Warrior 305. Love it! I have had some issues with the landing gear and the switch. It will cut out. I have to push it a few times to get them to continue retracting or extending.

ILH

Just purchased a new to me 2013 Road Warrior 305. Love it! I have had some issues with the landing gear and the switch. It will cut out. I have to push it a few times to get them to continue retracting or extending.

Hi Scrap,

We just sold our 2013 305 after 7+ years - we loved our Road Warrior! We hope you enjoy yours too!

Scrap

Hi Scrap,

We just sold our 2013 305 after 7+ years - we loved our Road Warrior! We hope you enjoy yours too!

So far I love it. Two weekend trips in it. Obviously little things needed some upkeep. I do hope to keep it for many years.

Scrap

Hi scrap,

This is usually pretty easy to fix. Our owner-written Hydraulic Slideout Starts and Stops user guide details what causes this and how to correct it. Don't let the title throw you off. It also applies to hydraulic jacks.

Thank you. That is a well written and informative write up. I will look into my battery and connections. I was thinking of adding a second battery this winter to allow for longer uses while out boondocking. Most of my camping is done dry camping while boondocking. One other thing it did once, when I was in front extending or retracting the legs (I don't recall) it started pushing out my bedroom slide. Would this be the same issue?

danemayer

One other thing it did once, when I was in front extending or retracting the legs (I don't recall) it started pushing out my bedroom slide. Would this be the same issue?

Not the same issue.

There are 2 things that happen when you activate a switch or control for hydraulic slides or hydraulic landing gear. The switch, depending on which way it's rocked, sends power to the hydraulic motor to spin one way or the other. One way to extend, the other to retract. The switch also opens a valve to allow hydraulic fluid to move through the hoses.

Assuming the bedroom slide is hydraulic, if its valve is stuck open, even a little, or if its setscrew is not positioned correctly, fluid can flow any time the hydraulic motor/pump runs.

If you were extending the landing jacks, and the bedroom slide valve was partially open, it would also extend. It could just be a bit of crud in the fluid. Sometimes just running the slide in an out a few times will clear it. And hopefully the crud won't get stuck in another valve later on. It could also be the setscrew in the valve not being seated properly. The setscrew is used for manual operation where there's an electrical failure. If I remember correctly, the setscrew should be fully counter-clockwise, and just hand tight. The valve for the slide is probably one of several on the top of the pump assembly. To access, look on the front wall of the pass through basement storage. There should be a square removable panel on the same side as the hydraulic pump. The valve setscrews are probably accessed from on top. Gently try each, counter-clockwise, to see if there's any movement.

ILH

Thank you. That is a well written and informative write up. I will look into my battery and connections. I was thinking of adding a second battery this winter to allow for longer uses while out boondocking. Most of my camping is done dry camping while boondocking. One other thing it did once, when I was in front extending or retracting the legs (I don't recall) it started pushing out my bedroom slide. Would this be the same issue?

We stored our Road Warrior in a location that didn't have power - so in order to turn our fridge on in advance, or to run the fridge for multiple days, I added a second battery. It's an easy mod.

Other mods we did to our 305 were:

- added sewer hose storage under the rig
- added shelving in the storage areas above / below the main TV.
- upgraded tires to Goodyear G614s (following blowout)
- replaced mattress
- replaced all 12v lights with LEDs
- replaced sofa