Electric water heater trips breaker

Bought 2020 fuel 287 about a month ago. During my inspection it came to light that electric water heater didn't work. They said it needed an element. They replaced and told me it was all good. Got it out about a week later and boom no electric water heater. Contact dealer and they say must've burnt it out. Order a new one and replace it. About a day later I ccome back to camp with no power to anything. After on the phone with a phone tech he comes to conclusion that it needs a converter is why I have no power. Go to replace converter and as I go to pull last wire I realize it is tied into the same breaker as my electric water heater. Go outside unhook element and boom breaker doesn't trip and I have power. Fast forward to tonight. I get new element in the mail and replace. All is well for one shower. I get out and breaker is tripped. Now if my calculations are correct my converter pulls 11amps and the heater has to pull 12-14. Now these are both on the same 15amp breaker. This seems to be my issue correct? Can someone chime in with how there fuel is wired

danemayer

The power converter and electric heating element for the water heater cannot share a 15 amp circuit breaker. Depending on the required output of the power converter, it may need most of a 15 amp circuit. The electric element for the water heater also needs most of a 15 amp circuit.

If you have a Progressive Dynamics 9200 series power converter with 80 amp DC output, it's supposed to be plugged into a dedicated 20 amp outlet powered by a dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker.

From your description, to correct this, you'll need another circuit breaker.

In the meantime, if you run the water heater on 12V DC and propane, everything should work until the circuit breaker problem is straightened out.