EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Abilene - 3/12/2021 to 3/14/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Carol And I will be attending. We will arrive on March 9th and depart on March 14th.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I added Jason Pelz, our Dealer/Sponsor to the list. He and his wife and kids will be coming and staying in their ElkRidge, as well as doing all the great things they do for our rally (still working on that!)

Also, Kerry & Tori Mann have also signed up. (Tony’s sister & Brother in law.) ya’ll may remember, they traded their Bighorn in on a brand new ElkRidge during the rally last year!

The rally is getting closer, and we are getting excited to see our Heartland family!

We will post additional updates as it gets closer.

If you haven’t already, please make your reservations with the park soon, we have to turn in unused sites on February 12!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We got our reservations made! Arrive Monday March 8, departing Monday March 15. Sorry for the delay in making reservations, but it was Stella's fault.

TravelTiger

We got our reservations made! Arrive Monday March 8, departing Monday March 15. Sorry for the delay in making reservations, but it was Stella's fault.

I’m not pointing any fingers!! But glad y’all are “official” now.

TravelTiger

We are working on details for the upcoming rally.

We will definitely have a “Swap and Sell” table this year. If you have something rv related that you no longer need, you can put it on the table for others to buy or take. You will get “price-tag sheets” to use so you can put your contact info and list the price you’re asking, or offer it for free.

This table will be in the clubhouse, which will be secured overnight, but is open (but restricted) during the day.

If you want to get rid of items, it’s a great place to do so! (Note, participation in Swap and Sell is at your own risk.)

You can post here if you know you’ll have items, but any negotiations need to take place via private message.

TravelTiger

Another thing we are planning for our Saturday Potluck!

The Inaugural West Texas Chapter Chili Cook-Off!

Saturday evening, bring your best pot of chili (5-alarm chili? brisket chili? venison chili? chili with BEANS?) to be entered in the chili cook off. After judging, all chili entries will be our main course for the potluck. Not a chili aficionado? You can still bring other potluck items. (Club will provide items to go with chili such as cheese, onions, crackers, etc to be determined.)

There will be judges and prizes!

Let the smack-talkin’ begin!!

Possum51

Please put Pat and Elaine Poole down for your rally. We will arrive on March 12 and leave on The 14th. Thanks!

TravelTiger

Please put Pat and Elaine Poole down for your rally. We will arrive on March 12 and leave on The 14th. Thanks!

Got you on my list, please call the park and make sure they have your reservation. As of yesterday they don’t have you down.

Everyone,

We are almost full on our sites!! They park may have more but may not get to site you with the group.

TravelTiger

Hi Rally-goers! For most of you, you have probably experienced the "Snowpocalypse" this past week that resulted in record-braking below-freezing temps for most of Texas, as well as snow, ice, rolling blackouts, water shortages and overall mayhem.

Well, our beloved Whistle Stop RV Park was also affected. They will be making repairs to many of the damaged hydrants at the sites. At this time, they don't see anything that would keep them from hosting the Rally, but they did warn me about the issues they were having.

I just wanted everyone to be aware, they are "working hard to get back to 100%."

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I know that Abilene was hit hard by the "Snowpocalypse" and am glad to see that they should be back to normal by the time that we arrive. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.