Furnitue replacement

Lisann

I have 2012 Heartland Rushmore, the recliners and love seat are delaminating.
Would like to replace with La-Z-Boy reclining sofa and Love seat .
Should I be concerned about the weight?
Thank you for any input.

Lisa

danemayer

Hi Lisa,

We have a 2011 Rushmore and are pretty heavily loaded. We've had the rig weighed several times and we're right around the 16,000 lb. GVWR, which is the max weight spec for the trailer.

In addition to all of our gear and clothes, we have the washer/dryer and Onan generator up front, and quite a load of tools and parts in the basement. And of course, Lucy has her rock collection from all the places we've visited. (Oh, sorry, that was a joke calling to mind the Long Long Trailer with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez.)

While I doubt replacing the furniture would be a problem, if you've never had the trailer weighed, to put your mind at ease, you might visit a truck stop. Most larger truck stops have Cat Scales. Pull onto the scales and tell the operator you'll want 2 readings. After weight the truck and trailer, pull off the scale and disconnect trailer from the truck. Then go weigh just the truck. The difference between the 2 readouts will be the actual trailer weight. I think it'll cost something like $12.

carl.swoyer

I have 2012 Heartland Rushmore, the recliners and love seat are delaminating.
Would like to replace with La-Z-Boy reclining sofa and Love seat .
Should I be concerned about the weight?
Thank you for any input.

Lisa
I'm thinking the lazy boys would be lighter than the metal framed rv furniture.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

sengli

On our landmark the original furniture was actually heavier than the replacements. We had a theatre seating unit in ours, that we replaced with lazy boys. The recliners are so much better to sit in. Another thing to consider is if your couch is a hide a bed type, there is a lot of weight there with that unit. We on our big horn replaced that unit with a couch with recliners on either end, from furniture row stores. It was a joshua series couch.

Attachments

• IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 30

Piperflyer

The trouble with a lot of the non RV furniture is finding pieces that will fit into existing space. I know when looking for replacement furniture it was very hard to find a fit, especially from La-Z-Boy