Low point drain question

New to camping and have a question. We have a 2020 M25 and it has a res and blue low point drains on the I guess drivers side of the rv and one blue drain on the passenger side towards the back. Anyone know what these go to? I thought I could drain the water heater to release the hot water instead of opening the red low point drain. Any help I would appreciate. Thanks

danemayer

The red and blue grouped together are the low point drains. If the lone one is just in front of the axles, that's likely the fresh tank drain.

If you open both low point drains, before bypassing the water heater, and open the faucets inside, you'll probably drain out most of the water. But you may still have some water in the water heater. And if it's a Suburban unit, you'll need to inspect the anode rod and replace as necessary. And you'll want to flush the crud out of the bottom of the water heater tank.

Our Winterization user guide may help you cover all the bases.

The red and blue grouped together are the low point drains. If the lone one is just in front of the axles, that's likely the fresh tank drain.

If you open both low point drains, before bypassing the water heater, and open the faucets inside, you'll probably drain out most of the water. But you may still have some water in the water heater. And if it's a Suburban unit, you'll need to inspect the anode rod and replace as necessary. And you'll want to flush the crud out of the bottom of the water heater tank.

Our Winterization user guide may help you cover all the bases.
Thanks for the help