Dump Valves Sticking bad

bigdob24

With out taking them apart are there any tried and true methods to lube the valves ? There are products that have mostly coconut oil and I’ve heard of using vegetable oil , peanut oil .
‘Anyone have any experience and success, mine are getting bad.
BD

mikeandconnie

With out taking them apart are there any tried and true methods to lube the valves ? There are products that have mostly coconut oil and I’ve heard of using vegetable oil , peanut oil .
BD
We put calgon in our tank after every flush, without it my wife can't pull the valve open, with it it's easy. One day I will change the valve, but for now this works.

DirtyMax88

BD

Thetford makes a few different products, found on amazon. We haven't used this particular product yet, but the reviews seem promising?

https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-Dra...tford+black+tank+drain&qid=1603894179&sr=8-13

retiredguy

BD

When we "summerize" our trailer. we put 3/4 cup of baby oil down each trap and the toilet. This keeps them from drying out over summer, but this also seems to lubricates the valves. Have had no problems for 8 years.

bigdob24

I got several qts of vegetable oil and made sure all tanks were empty and had the RV tilted , high in frount and leaning away from the door.
Started with gray 1 and dumped it in went out to the docking station and pulled the handle and quickly opened and closed to get the oil all over the slide valve , did this thru all the tanks and it has them all lubed and operating like new . When it goes back in service this spring I will be using calgon or valve lube to keep things working.
‘Thanks for the input
BD