Replacing blower motor

Blower motor very noisy. I think it could be bearings are going? Excessive heat from exhaust, not so much from heat ducts. Has anyone found any difficulty in purchasing and replacing blower motor. It is a 2017 bighorn fl. Tks

Flick

Blower motor very noisy. I think it could be bearings are going? Excessive heat from exhaust, not so much from heat ducts. Has anyone found any difficulty in purchasing and replacing blower motor. It is a 2017 bighorn fl. Tks

I’ve not replaced a blower motor, but my curiosity was peaked. There are a lot of You Tubes pertaining to this and although I didn’t watch the entire clips, it appears to be straight forward. Take a look at them and they can probably guide you. You’d have to verify part numbers, but Amazon and others sell replacement motors for around $120. I’m sure someone will still comment on this and perhaps lend their ideas. Good luck.

danemayer

It's more common to have problems with the squirrel cage than with the motor itself. Before buying parts, you should inspect.