Thread: Cy 4006

1. Print this Post   #1

Cy 4006

We went to look at a CY4006 recently with high expectations. Instead, we were quite disappointed. Kitchen cabinets all the way to ceiling (or darn close to it), like who's tall 'nuff to reach top shelves?. 1 lower cab goes alongside the stove so items stored in there, well you have to remove everything by door to get to them......PITA IMO. Itty bitty 1/2 bath, but maybe par for the course in TH. Was surprised there wasn't any lower cab for storage in garage and those that were there were way up high. Again how do you reach them? Only 1 side of BR had USB ports along bed. Don't recall any shelves near bed. The telavator for tv in BR blocked the escape window and seemed hard to push down. Door to BR had frosted glass and like the door to garage would need a shade to block out light or add privacy. Wasn't oo impressed w/ outside storage, but here again, maybe par for the course.

For what she was, it was a nice unit, but in our opinions, just needed some more thought on certain things. Think HL really needs to think things over a bit more (along w/ other Mfr's) on cabinets that go to ceiling. Sadly, as much as we thought may go the TH route, may just stay w/ what we have.

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Cy 4006

Quote Originally Posted by NYSUPstater View Post
    We went to look at a CY4006 recently with high expectations. Instead, we were quite disappointed. Kitchen cabinets all the way to ceiling (or darn close to it), like who's tall 'nuff to reach top shelves?. 1 lower cab goes alongside the stove so items stored in there, well you have to remove everything by door to get to them......PITA IMO. Itty bitty 1/2 bath, but maybe par for the course in TH. Was surprised there wasn't any lower cab for storage in garage and those that were there were way up high. Again how do you reach them? Only 1 side of BR had USB ports along bed. Don't recall any shelves near bed. The telavator for tv in BR blocked the escape window and seemed hard to push down. Door to BR had frosted glass and like the door to garage would need a shade to block out light or add privacy. Wasn't oo impressed w/ outside storage, but here again, maybe par for the course.

For what she was, it was a nice unit, but in our opinions, just needed some more thought on certain things. Think HL really needs to think things over a bit more (along w/ other Mfr's) on cabinets that go to ceiling. Sadly, as much as we thought may go the TH route, may just stay w/ what we have.
    I totally understand your thinking with the upper cabinets cause ours has similar ones also. However, the wife and I would probably complain if they werenít there. We manage to store things in there we seldom use and actually would probably miss them.
    The 1/2 bath is cozy. My thought is that they figured folk would complain about losing floor space in the garage. Go figure.
    Eddie and Jomaye
    HOC #7088

2015 Heartland Cyclone 4100 HD
    -4 U Cam observation camera
    -Dish Tailgater Pro
    -On The Go Double Standard softener
    -Splendide washer/dryer combo
    -TireMinder bluetooth TPMS
    -RV Smart 50 amp surge protector

2019 Ford F-350 DRW FX4 Lariat
    -Ultimate Lariat package
    -4:10 LS gears
    -2Ē front lift/Bilstein shocks
    -Air Lift 5000 Ultimate air bags
    -Air Lift Gen 2 Bluetooth wireless compressor
    -20k Reese fifth wheel and rail adapter
    -35Ē TOYO Open Country M/T tires on stock 17Ē rims
    -RDS 60 gal tool box combo w/gauge
    -RV Toll Pass

3. Print this Post   #3

There is a thing called a step stool, use it on a daily basis..
    Get a work out while removing needed items. Win Win

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

4. Print this Post   #4

Quote Originally Posted by NYSUPstater View Post

Not sure what you'd like done. Don't bother putting in cabinets up high? Figure out how to add cabinet space lower? Do both?

Our rig has high cabinets along the back wall. I'm 6'2" and can't reach a lot of what's in them without something to stand on. But I wouldn't give up the window view to make them lower. The trade off works for me.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • Goodyear G114 17.5" tires
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Sailun Terramax A/T 4S, 235/80R -17. 5 Tires
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

5. Print this Post   #5

We have the CY4007 and my wife is 5ft. We added a step that stays in place and sits in between the U shaped kitchen in the 4007. I donít know if I have a picture of it in the camper, but Iíll look. Also, Iíll see if I can post a link. This step has helped tremendously. Can she reach to the very top? No! Same goes for the cabinets in our sticks and bricks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07DK...b_b_asin_title

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Print this Post   #6

IMO, this is standard equipment for RV use.

7. Print this Post   #7

New to the forum, never thought I would see someone complain about more cabinet space in an RV. The fact these rigs have such high ceilings we feel it is great they extend cabinets up. Maybe it is just years in travel trailers and truck campers that make us like this.

8. Print this Post   #8
    Prolifically Gabby Member JohnDar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    IMO, this is standard equipment for RV use.
    Sure is! Stored ours under the sofa. Also kept the cats from knocking their toys under it. To improve storage in some cabinets, I made half shelves to sit at the rear so stuff wasnít piled up so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Camp Gotchurwallett
    John & Darlene (with feline fuzzbutts Ally, Merlin & Mickey)
    2009 GMC 3500HD SLT CC D/A DRW
    2009 Bighorn 3670RL (sold 2020 and not replaced)

H.O.C. #1225