Deep Cycle Batteries

Redrider007

Just wondering what batteries people are using. I have been running 2 Trojan t-105s with about 270 watts of solar. We are living in RV basically dry camping until house is done around May. Charging batteries with generator quite a bit when there is limited sun but running inverter all day for the most part so I may be through the 300-400 charging cycles sooner than later. Wondering about agm batteries next change. Battle born a bit out of reach!

Thoughts?

carl.swoyer

I started with the trojan t 105 batteries.
After a couple of years I changed my batteries to deka group 31 agm batteries.
Maintenance free. They charge faster, can be run down lower and not damage the batteries. I'll never go back to wet cell batteries again. I have a Magnum Ms 2812 with a 125 amp charger. My solar is a 220 watt panel and a morning star duo 25 amp charge controller.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

centerline

ive been using 2 large deep cycle 12v batteries, US185HC XC2... for a total of 440ah.

the only down side to having such large capacity is that one needs a high amperage charger to keep them in top condition.
(a smaller charger on large batts is akin to running a trickle charger on a normal size battery, which is not good for batteries that get substantially discharged)

we boondock mostly, so these are good for the purpose. we have lots of power for about a week without any issues, but we also run the genset when we go somewhere for the day, so it charges them back up so we dont need to listen to the generator run while we are there....

we dont have solar, but I do plan to add it as soon as i get caught up on other projects I have open...

LED lighting is the greatest option for RV's that we have seen in the past 30 years.... when/if one boondocks very much.