Punch list continued

Well as most of you know, I made up a punch list of warranty items to be fixed after my first 2 trips out. Called the dealer right after Labor day weekend, made a appointment for the 2nd week of October. Thinking that was when they were going to "work on it", not store it for another month, I called this past Friday, the 30th to find out it will probably be another 2 weeks before they even touch it.....So its been down since labor day weekend as i was not going to use it as the mail slide was putting a grove in the plastic floor.

Tick toc...Tick toc... I guess this is a sign of the times....Going else where next time....

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It's not uncommon for a person's rig to sit on the dealers lot for months while waiting on repairs.
Unfortunately.

Peace
Dave

Dahillbilly

took ours in the 9th of Sept; was warned by the service manager that warranty approval is a very slow process. Well fast forward to Oct 27th when I called Heartland for like the third/fouth time & viola; after talking with them we came to an agreeable solution to all of the items. Less than a half hour later I had a copy of the repairs to be made & NOW the waiting game begins as neither Heartland or the dealer knows when the parts (windows, flooring) will be available. Gonna go up tomorrow & clean out the TH. At least this way it's stored for the long winter & the dealer can install the parts as they arrive & make the other repairs. Hopefully we will have it back by April and the snow will be gone too!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hope you’ve winterized it. The dealer probably won’t unless you pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not uncommon for a person's rig to sit on the dealers lot for months while waiting on repairs.
Unfortunately.

Peace
Dave

Unfortunate. All of my repairs are adjustments. I asked the dealer if the factory had approved them and he said they do it backwards. Work then get reimbursed...??? I don't know. I'm getting a 1K solar system installed too. Thought maybe that might help speed things up.....Guess not. They made it sound like after waiting for a month, they could get it in and work on it.. Oh well.

danemayer

RV owners have been complaining for quite some time that dealers take too long on repairs. Meanwhile, RV sales have been way up this year, putting even more pressure on dealer turnaround time. The RV Industry Association and RV Dealer Association have been working since last year to help dealers get better turnaround. Obviously they're not done.

Dahillbilly

doesn't help when the suppliers to the RV manufactures are lagging at getting the parts made & shipped out. Just compounds the issue down the line and us owners are at the end of that line!! Dealers don't like waiting for supplies anymore than we do. So we wait!!!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Not a warranty issue, but I waited from March until June for a back window that was damaged by hail.

Flick

RV owners have been complaining for quite some time that dealers take too long on repairs. Meanwhile, RV sales have been way up this year, putting even more pressure on dealer turnaround time. The RV Industry Association and RV Dealer Association have been working since last year to help dealers get better turnaround. Obviously they're not done.

What I think would help is a little honesty. When they agree to have you drop off your unit, they should be ready to work on it instead of it sitting there for a month and then having to order parts that take another month. The idea or excuse about getting the parts is a cop out. Some parts can be shipped the next day. Some cases, I’m sure take time, but once again a little honesty would go a long way.
We all understand, for example, legitimate excuses, but some dealers have as bad of a reputation as it gets. These folk apparently don’t care, especially if they see that you’ve come from across the country to buy. They think they’ll probably not see you again anyhow.

mwc

The real issue is these RVs leaving the factory like this. Sad! Took me 2.5 years to get everything fixed. Now rotted slideout floors.