KIB Multi-Plex system wall-mounted touchscreen tablet and Bluetooth interface to phones

fastmetal

Could anyone help in information pertaining to the KIB system. I have a new 2021 365 Newport with 3 air conditioners, one is supposed to have the heat pump option. I have yet to find the access to turn on the heat pump from the control pad. Searching the manuals on line have little info in this regard. It says to turn it on,,,, but where, how? Also, download control app to your phone. Can't seem to find the answer to which app and its name so I can add it to my phone. I have the blue tooth equipment installed.

Thanks in advance

Paul Rink
Olathe KS
913-269-7605

danemayer

You want the KIBNet application from either the Google Play store for Android, or the iPhone store. Then pair the phone to the system on the device in your coach pictured below. It's in one of the cabinets, but which one varies by floor plan.

For more info on the system, take a look at our KIB Multi-plex Control System V2 user guide. It won't answer your question about the heat pump operation. If you have a heat pump versus a standard A/C unit, you may just have to select Heating or Cooling on the menu for that unit. I don't know exactly how it appears on the screens.

IMG_0841 2.jpg

fastmetal

You want the KIBNet application from either the Google Play store for Android, or the iPhone store. Then pair the phone to the system on the device in your coach pictured below. It's in one of the cabinets, but which one varies by floor plan.

For more info on the system, take a look at our KIB Multi-plex Control System V2 user guide. It won't answer your question about the heat pump operation. If you have a heat pump versus a standard A/C unit, you may just have to select Heating or Cooling on the menu for that unit. I don't know exactly how it appears on the screens.

View attachment 64876

Thanks Dan for the reply!!!!! I have found the Bluetooth box featured in your attached photo. I have downloaded the app and will try to par the application to the coach. Thank you very much!!!!!! Looking for the HP on the middle, bedroom air conditioner is what I need so I am told. I have searched all 3 options with finding the HP as described. Will look further and play with the new APP.

Thanks,,,, Paul

danemayer

Thanks Dan for the reply!!!!! I have found the Bluetooth box featured in your attached photo. I have downloaded the app and will try to par the application to the coach. Thank you very much!!!!!! Looking for the HP on the middle, bedroom air conditioner is what I need so I am told. I have searched all 3 options with finding the HP as described. Will look further and play with the new APP.

Thanks,,,, Paul

My heat pump at home just as Heating and Cooling on the remote control. I don't know that there would be any special notation on your controls.

Perhaps someone else with the same setup can commnet.

fastmetal

My heat pump at home just as Heating and Cooling on the remote control. I don't know that there would be any special notation on your controls.

Perhaps someone else with the same setup can commnet.

I understood from my Dealership that I should be able to access Heat Pump on the bedroom control. Cool, Fan and Off is the option. Same goes for the Kitchen air control. Living room control has, Cool, Fan, Auto and Heat. I have yet to find HP control in the control panel,,, that being said someone indicated I need to flip on the DPI switches on the air unit on top of the coach. This old fat boy won't be climbing up for that.

danemayer

I understood from my Dealership that I should be able to access Heat Pump on the bedroom control. Cool, Fan and Off is the option. Same goes for the Kitchen air control. Living room control has, Cool, Fan, Auto and Heat. I have yet to find HP control in the control panel,,, that being said someone indicated I need to flip on the DPI switches on the air unit on top of the coach. This old fat boy won't be climbing up for that.

One of the locations controls the propane furnace. If the Living Room control has HEAT, try that and see if the floor vents start pushing air. It may take about 25 seconds before the furnace ignites and the air warms up.

If that happens, you've found the furnace control.

As for the heat pump, on Monday, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. The first question would be to find out if the build record shows you have a heat pump option, and which A/C unit is the heat pump. It's possible the dealer is misinformed.

fastmetal

One of the locations controls the propane furnace. If the Living Room control has HEAT, try that and see if the floor vents start pushing air. It may take about 25 seconds before the furnace ignites and the air warms up.

If that happens, you've found the furnace control.

As for the heat pump, on Monday, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. The first question would be to find out if the build record shows you have a heat pump option, and which A/C unit is the heat pump. It's possible the dealer is misinformed.

I have no issues with the controls, running the furnace or air conditioning but since I'm headed into much colder weather I would love to turn on the Heat Pump to help out on the propane usage. Already gone through 4 #30 propane bottles using the furnace.

Everything except HP is accessible through the living room icon. What I have read is that the above air conditioning fan will turn on when the heat pump is activated. So far only heard the furnace from below run.

The build sheet I have indicates Heat Pump option added.... I'm sure its there somewhere??? ha ha ha.

We purchased the unit from T&S in Texas and have had the best ever experience of purchasing our second Heartland product. Our new unit had VERY few issues that T&S took care of before we drove off. We are absolutely satisfied with the unit. We expected a few items to crop up but overall a plus 110 percent on quality from Heartland.

Thank you for the direct line, will try to call Monday as we are moving again Monday!!! Going West to the Rockies!!!!!

Paul

danemayer

I don't recall what the temp cutoff for the Dometic Heat Pumps is, but I don't think it operates in very cold weather. The Dometic website talks about it not replacing the furnace, but just being used to take the chill off on a cold morning. If you have the manual, you might check that out.

fastmetal

I don't recall what the temp cutoff for the Dometic Heat Pumps is, but I don't think it operates in very cold weather. The Dometic website talks about it not replacing the furnace, but just being used to take the chill off on a cold morning. If you have the manual, you might check that out.

You are absolutely right,,,, outside temps below 30 degrees are inefficient for a heat pump. In the panhandle of Florida temps seldom get below 40 degrees hence the need of a heat pump to break the morning chill. We spend winter in the Panhandle. Will be in the Rockies for a week and then off to Oceanfront camping....

FYI,,, does your KIB unit in the cabinet make a sound like a hard drive spinning. Ours is pretty noisy. Have not Pared up with the software as of yet.

danemayer

FYI,,, does your KIB unit in the cabinet make a sound like a hard drive spinning. Ours is pretty noisy. Have not Pared up with the software as of yet.

I have an older LM that doesn't have the KIB system so I don't know what it sounds like.