Wow it has been a while

mmomega

AnyTimer
Hi everybody.
I almost feel like having to re-introduce myself. Life sort of took over for a few years and we haven't been using the RV nearly as much as planned when we first got it. But . . .

We are hoping that is changing back and we'll be getting back out on the road, back in to some campsites, enjoying the (new) yep...sigh..... we upgraded yesterday, and back to seeing so many of you we met through our community here.

Sad part, the last trip we made, and the sticker is on the door to prove it, was to Texas Motor Speedway, April race is 2016. So the Landmark Key Largo has been sitting in covered storage for over 4 years! So as a surprise I was going to clean it up, make sure everything is road-worthy and just go put it in the local campground where we live and tell Glenda 'SURPRISE' we are just leaving for the weekend. With the camper already parked I could drive my SUV with zero suspicions the RV was involved.
We drove about 4 miles down the road, turned in to the road the park is on then the "I miss going camping and being in the RV" statements and memories started.
So I said, let's just go drive through and see what type of spots are available. We found plenty that we'd like to come back to also.
Then we get to where she says they have one that looks just like ours! I said, yeah, it's filthy and dirty though but it looks like it :) ..... (so it had been in storage for 4 years, there was PLENTY of dust accumulation by now.

So I pulled up and she's beside herself that I was able to pull it off without her knowing anything.
I've had 2 pretty big surgeries in the last year so I don't move as quick and nimble and spry as I used to. Dang age.

So we invited my business partner and her husband over, cooked out almost every night. I booked it for a week, the pricing has been very good considering.

Then yesterday rolls around. Nearing the end of this particular trip.

I had YouTube on, just watching some videos and reviews of newer Landmark 365's.... we got our before full body paint and the 365 name came to be.
So then I look over and Glenda is looking at the local RV dealers .."just to see"

I thought Yeah... they look REALLLLLL nice. But I remember them being over $100K and I didn't want to do that much again with this one not being too too old as it was.
Then she found a new trailer, 2020 and it said 46% off.
I'm thinking the usual, that can't be right, it's just there to get you to show up then they tell you "it just sold" but we have these if you want to look at them and put you together on something out of your budget.

Drove to the dealership it was supposed to be at, yeah you noticed I said "supposed" to be at. Called before we started driving to confirm it was sitting on the lot to look at. YEP, it's right here, what time can we expect you?
1 Hour of driving and we get there and I cruise through the parking lot looking....looking....looking. It isn't there.
This one has no window on the rear cap so non traditional layout and stands out if you see a camper with no windows on the butt.
I get back to the front, GM is outside. Keeping it cordual and short, it isn't there. It is at the dealership we were originally going to go to that was only 25 minutes from the house.
So hour of driving to get to a place that, YEP it's sitting right here, to find out NOPE it's sitting over yonder but we can get it here. No thank you, I'm going there. I'm not sure I want to do business with ya'll at the moment and keep my thoughts at that.
We start driving to the other dealer, so an hour back to starting point then another 25 minutes past.

And they can't find it.

Can't, find, a giant 43' RV.

But we have a 2021 if you want to look at that. Now I don't get fuming mad to peoples face but on the inside I'm like those cartoons where the face turns red and steam is shooting out of their ears.
I said so for all of this trashy behavior today across 2 of your dealerships I am still sure you aren't going to give me that 2021 at the price of the one listed that I have been driving 3 hours back and forth for and called to verify twice for and have been promised was at both locations for.
No sir...and he laughed, he actually chuckled and said with a strict no, I can't give that price. Then said well we have (listed floorplans we weren't interested in).
Needless to say, iritation has set in and to be honest some letdown.

So I just said, I can't speak with this person, our personalities don't work, we are just on 2 completely different wavelengths I think, is there someone else I can just chat with.
A man we spoke with briefly that visited when we first arrived came back out. He was the new guy, said he had just been there 2 weeks with this company but had worked with others previously.
I talked with him for a bit and he just mentioned a "used/new" model sitting on the pre-owned lot. I've never done a pre-owned trailer before but we wanted to at least see that floorplan.
We get to it and it looks brand new. Like dang near newer than some of the new, new models.
We go in and there is some surface dust here and there but there is still plastic on many of the pieces like they have just never even been unpeeled and used. Like the plastic thing on the TV screens, the cover on the couch. So I asked again.. so this is used??
He said yeah, they just dropped it off 3 or 4 days ago and said they used it one time and it has been in storage and (I'm just guessing as with many this year) things have taken the turn they have this year and they didn't want that payment anymore.
The kingpin isn't even rusted or scratched from use yet. I didn't 'want' to like it because I was there to look at that mythical 2020 that was essentially 50% off.
But it was growing on me, FAST.
Asked the kid to run some numbers, said just give me the real number and then you'll come back and I'm going to hit you low then you'll go talk to the boss and come back and stop this back and forth for 2 hours, just give me a good number and I'll take it now. Like seriously if you wow me with a number, we can skip all the other stuff and you start paperwork. I've done this 3 times so far, we can skip lots of the lingo and get to the meat and potatoes.

Well, he hit me with a heck of a price. We negotiated just a smidge more, I was happy with his initial offering but just wanted to ask 1 single time for a specific amount off, he came back said yes and we started the paperwork.

So, getting to what this new baby is.

2019 Landmark 365 Lafayette, loaded to the gills. It is the floorplan that has the big bedroom, big bathroom in the rear, front living room with a movie screen for a TV.
I'd probably bore many of you with going over every little thing but I'll just say at least at the moment the only thing I saw that I would want to add to it is some slide-out- cargo area trays.
It felt so new, I joked with my wife that I don't even know if they used the bathrooms yet.

I'm still in the shock phase a little bit that I actually got something. Pick up is 3 days.
Now the part with having to dump everything from the current one. There's nothing really too big, just a boatload of things stored here and there, just a lot of tedious packing I think.
It'll be fun.

Now I need to get over to the state chapter forum and see when the upcoming rallies are and get a couple on the calender.
Glenda already said, let's go ahead and book this campsite again for this weekend and stay in the new RV right away. I'm up for it.

I'm sure I'll get some more pictures up once I pick it up middle of this week. Heck I might be towing one out of a spot and then putting another back in same day.

Hope everyone is doing pretty good. Looking forward to getting back in, traveling some since I can again and seeing people we haven't seen in a while.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 9.51.12 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 9.51.12 AM.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 58

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Hi everybody.
I almost feel like having to re-introduce myself. Life sort of took over for a few years and we haven't been using the RV nearly as much as planned when we first got it. But . . .

We are hoping that is changing back and we'll be getting back out on the road, back in to some campsites, enjoying the (new) yep...sigh..... we upgraded yesterday, and back to seeing so many of you we met through our community here.

Sad part, the last trip we made, and the sticker is on the door to prove it, was to Texas Motor Speedway, April race is 2016. So the Landmark Key Largo has been sitting in covered storage for over 4 years! So as a surprise I was going to clean it up, make sure everything is road-worthy and just go put it in the local campground where we live and tell Glenda 'SURPRISE' we are just leaving for the weekend. With the camper already parked I could drive my SUV with zero suspicions the RV was involved.
We drove about 4 miles down the road, turned in to the road the park is on then the "I miss going camping and being in the RV" statements and memories started.
So I said, let's just go drive through and see what type of spots are available. We found plenty that we'd like to come back to also.
Then we get to where she says they have one that looks just like ours! I said, yeah, it's filthy and dirty though but it looks like it :) ..... (so it had been in storage for 4 years, there was PLENTY of dust accumulation by now.

So I pulled up and she's beside herself that I was able to pull it off without her knowing anything.
I've had 2 pretty big surgeries in the last year so I don't move as quick and nimble and spry as I used to. Dang age.

So we invited my business partner and her husband over, cooked out almost every night. I booked it for a week, the pricing has been very good considering.

Then yesterday rolls around. Nearing the end of this particular trip.

I had YouTube on, just watching some videos and reviews of newer Landmark 365's.... we got our before full body paint and the 365 name came to be.
So then I look over and Glenda is looking at the local RV dealers .."just to see"

I thought Yeah... they look REALLLLLL nice. But I remember them being over $100K and I didn't want to do that much again with this one not being too too old as it was.
Then she found a new trailer, 2020 and it said 46% off.
I'm thinking the usual, that can't be right, it's just there to get you to show up then they tell you "it just sold" but we have these if you want to look at them and put you together on something out of your budget.

Drove to the dealership it was supposed to be at, yeah you noticed I said "supposed" to be at. Called before we started driving to confirm it was sitting on the lot to look at. YEP, it's right here, what time can we expect you?
1 Hour of driving and we get there and I cruise through the parking lot looking....looking....looking. It isn't there.
This one has no window on the rear cap so non traditional layout and stands out if you see a camper with no windows on the butt.
I get back to the front, GM is outside. Keeping it cordual and short, it isn't there. It is at the dealership we were originally going to go to that was only 25 minutes from the house.
So hour of driving to get to a place that, YEP it's sitting right here, to find out NOPE it's sitting over yonder but we can get it here. No thank you, I'm going there. I'm not sure I want to do business with ya'll at the moment and keep my thoughts at that.
We start driving to the other dealer, so an hour back to starting point then another 25 minutes past.

And they can't find it.

Can't, find, a giant 43' RV.

But we have a 2021 if you want to look at that. Now I don't get fuming mad to peoples face but on the inside I'm like those cartoons where the face turns red and steam is shooting out of their ears.
I said so for all of this trashy behavior today across 2 of your dealerships I am still sure you aren't going to give me that 2021 at the price of the one listed that I have been driving 3 hours back and forth for and called to verify twice for and have been promised was at both locations for.
No sir...and he laughed, he actually chuckled and said with a strict no, I can't give that price. Then said well we have (listed floorplans we weren't interested in).
Needless to say, iritation has set in and to be honest some letdown.

So I just said, I can't speak with this person, our personalities don't work, we are just on 2 completely different wavelengths I think, is there someone else I can just chat with.
A man we spoke with briefly that visited when we first arrived came back out. He was the new guy, said he had just been there 2 weeks with this company but had worked with others previously.
I talked with him for a bit and he just mentioned a "used/new" model sitting on the pre-owned lot. I've never done a pre-owned trailer before but we wanted to at least see that floorplan.
We get to it and it looks brand new. Like dang near newer than some of the new, new models.
We go in and there is some surface dust here and there but there is still plastic on many of the pieces like they have just never even been unpeeled and used. Like the plastic thing on the TV screens, the cover on the couch. So I asked again.. so this is used??
He said yeah, they just dropped it off 3 or 4 days ago and said they used it one time and it has been in storage and (I'm just guessing as with many this year) things have taken the turn they have this year and they didn't want that payment anymore.
The kingpin isn't even rusted or scratched from use yet. I didn't 'want' to like it because I was there to look at that mythical 2020 that was essentially 50% off.
But it was growing on me, FAST.
Asked the kid to run some numbers, said just give me the real number and then you'll come back and I'm going to hit you low then you'll go talk to the boss and come back and stop this back and forth for 2 hours, just give me a good number and I'll take it now. Like seriously if you wow me with a number, we can skip all the other stuff and you start paperwork. I've done this 3 times so far, we can skip lots of the lingo and get to the meat and potatoes.

Well, he hit me with a heck of a price. We negotiated just a smidge more, I was happy with his initial offering but just wanted to ask 1 single time for a specific amount off, he came back said yes and we started the paperwork.

So, getting to what this new baby is.

2019 Landmark 365 Lafayette, loaded to the gills. It is the floorplan that has the big bedroom, big bathroom in the rear, front living room with a movie screen for a TV.
I'd probably bore many of you with going over every little thing but I'll just say at least at the moment the only thing I saw that I would want to add to it is some slide-out- cargo area trays.
It felt so new, I joked with my wife that I don't even know if they used the bathrooms yet.

I'm still in the shock phase a little bit that I actually got something. Pick up is 3 days.
Now the part with having to dump everything from the current one. There's nothing really too big, just a boatload of things stored here and there, just a lot of tedious packing I think.
It'll be fun.

Now I need to get over to the state chapter forum and see when the upcoming rallies are and get a couple on the calender.
Glenda already said, let's go ahead and book this campsite again for this weekend and stay in the new RV right away. I'm up for it.

I'm sure I'll get some more pictures up once I pick it up middle of this week. Heck I might be towing one out of a spot and then putting another back in same day.

Hope everyone is doing pretty good. Looking forward to getting back in, traveling some since I can again and seeing people we haven't seen in a while.

Welcome back, be safe and enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

JD and Glenda - congrats on the new RV!

I just sent you a text message. Be great if you could join us next weekend at the South Texas Chapter rally in Onalaska - link.

Flick

To use your your word, WOW, that’s a nice story. Glad it ended well. Y’all sure chose a nice rig. Congratulations.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Awesome JD and Glenda!! We look forward to seeing y’all again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk