Black Tanks Won’t Flush

ENG2242

I have two black tanks that drain out of a single discharge. In the water control cabinet there are two unmarked flush connections. When I connect to one there is no flow. When connected to the other it shoots the water out of the other flush connection. I tried a Y connection, still nothing!! Any suggestions?? Thanks so much, David

jbs80122

I'll bet you have a 3850FB, like mine. I had the exact same problem with the black tank rinse system. Never did get it working well, even after it was "fixed" under warranty. I learned over time that you need to make sure your tanks are very full before draining them. We can go for almost a week before needing to drain. I got those tank rinse wands that you insert down the toilet to clean the tank, they're not needed every time, but do help a bit as well. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ENG2242

I'll bet you have a 3850FB, like mine. I had the exact same problem with the black tank rinse system. Never did get it working well, even after it was "fixed" under warranty. I learned over time that you need to make sure your tanks are very full before draining them. We can go for almost a week before needing to drain. I got those tank rinse wands that you insert down the toilet to clean the tank, they're not needed every time, but do help a bit as well. Good luck!

One in the same!!

danemayer

If you take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage, by the Universal Docking Center (UDC), you can check the plumbing connections on the back of those flush connections. There should be PEX tubing from each connection, going up to the height of your shower where each tube connects to an anti-siphon valve. The PEX coming out of the anti-siphon valve then goes down to its respective black tank.

For water to come out of the 2nd fitting when fed into the first, it sounds like the fittings are cross-connected. But for water to not go through the 2nd fitting, it sounds like the PEX tubing to the tank may be pinched.

Anyway, you, or someone else will need to examine the fittings and PEX tubing.

BH Black Tank Flush Anti Siphon Annotated.jpg

jbs80122

I guess that haven't fired the plumber who works on these. Based on that and some other very shoddy plumbing connections I found on our rig, it seems either incompetence, drugs or malicious intent. Maybe all three. Either way, it speaks poorly of Heartland's quality control.

ENG2242

Thank you all for your replies and attached diagrams. I’ll be taking the wall down and tracing the lines.

ENG2242

Thank you all for your replies and attached diagrams. I’ll be taking the wall down and tracing the lines.

I have found one anti siphon valve behind the shower. Where I the heck is the other? I’ve looked everywhere!! Thank you

danemayer

I have found one anti siphon valve behind the shower. Where I the heck is the other? I’ve looked everywhere!! Thank you

I think on the manufacturing floor I've seen one behind the wall of the 1/2 bath. But I don't think there's an access panel at that location. You might take out some screws holding that corner of the front section of coroplast and see if you can spot anything above. If yes, then you might add an access panel at that location.

jbeletti

Another thought is to expose the back of the UDC, identify the black tank flush lines (usually white-vinyl hose) and see of you can sort of follow where the 2 lines go.

ENG2242

I think on the manufacturing floor I've seen one behind the wall of the 1/2 bath. But I don't think there's an access panel at that location. You might take out some screws holding that corner of the front section of coroplast and see if you can spot anything above. If yes, then you might add an access panel at that location.

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Another thought is to expose the back of the UDC, identify the black tank flush lines (usually white-vinyl hose) and see of you can sort of follow where the 2 lines go.

Thank you!

ENG2242

If you take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage, by the Universal Docking Center (UDC), you can check the plumbing connections on the back of those flush connections. There should be PEX tubing from each connection, going up to the height of your shower where each tube connects to an anti-siphon valve. The PEX coming out of the anti-siphon valve then goes down to its respective black tank.

For water to come out of the 2nd fitting when fed into the first, it sounds like the fittings are cross-connected. But for water to not go through the 2nd fitting, it sounds like the PEX tubing to the tank may be pinched.

Anyway, you, or someone else will need to examine the fittings and PEX tubing.

View attachment 64909
Thank you.