Taking the Independent Suspension Plunge!

jmarnell

After doing a lot of research on this forum and elsewhere, we decided to take the plunge and have made an appointment with Morryde to get the independent suspension and disk brakes installed on our Cyclone. I'm glad I called when I did because they are already out to mid-May on scheduling! Now that we are retired we hope to do a lot more traveling starting next year, with a big trip to Alaska planned for 2022. So for the longevity of the heavy Cyclone and the peace of mind on the suspension and brakes, I think it will be well worth the investment. Now we just have to wait it out until our appointment in May!

wdk450

MorRyde has given discounts over previous years to Heartland owners in conjunction with the Heartland National Rallies in June. Some times you didn't even have to attend the rally to get the discounts. Keep in touch with the National Rally announcements, and contact Mor Ryde if any info on this comes up.

david-steph2018

After doing a lot of research on this forum and elsewhere, we decided to take the plunge and have made an appointment with Morryde to get the independent suspension and disk brakes installed on our Cyclone. I'm glad I called when I did because they are already out to mid-May on scheduling! Now that we are retired we hope to do a lot more traveling starting next year, with a big trip to Alaska planned for 2022. So for the longevity of the heavy Cyclone and the peace of mind on the suspension and brakes, I think it will be well worth the investment. Now we just have to wait it out until our appointment in May!

We just had it installed and picked up our Road Warrior on October 30, 2020. I found out they have 4 different sizes for our rigs. It goes:
7000 lb
8000 lb
9000 lb.
Since we already have disc brakes, installed during the June 2019 National Rally by Performance Trailer Braking, we transferred our brakes over to the new IS. It saved us around $4500 in this case. If we would had upgraded to 8000 lb we would had to get new disc brakes installed. The difference in the ride quality is like night & day. The Road Warrior rides smoother and you can feel how smooth it is in the truck.
When you get there, probably on a Tuesday afternoon, they will measure the height, in 3 spots on our rig, and the distance from the ground to the bottom of the frame. When you pick it up they remeasure it to make sure you are not over 13'6".
When you pull up the Morryde webpage and it shows the IS owners club, that is my wife and myself.

SLO

Since we already have disc brakes, installed during the June 2019 National Rally by Performance Trailer Braking, we transferred our brakes over to the new IS. It saved us around $4500 in this case. If we would had upgraded to 8000 lb we would had to get new disc brakes installed.

When I had mine IS done in September 2018, I already had the 7k disc brakes from Performance Trailer Brakes installed. I had MorRyde install their 8k IS on my trailer. They were able to take my 7k disc brakes and install them on 8k IS. I think by changing the caliper mounting plate. The 8k is a 4 bolt mount and the 7k is 5 bolt mount. The spindle on the 8k and 7k must be the same size because they didn’t change bearings (except one cause they destroyed it getting it out).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We just had it installed and picked up our Road Warrior on October 30, 2020. I found out they have 4 different sizes for our rigs. It goes:
7000 lb
8000 lb
9000 lb.
Since we already have disc brakes, installed during the June 2019 National Rally by Performance Trailer Braking, we transferred our brakes over to the new IS. It saved us around $4500 in this case. If we would had upgraded to 8000 lb we would had to get new disc brakes installed. The difference in the ride quality is like night & day. The Road Warrior rides smoother and you can feel how smooth it is in the truck.
When you get there, probably on a Tuesday afternoon, they will measure the height, in 3 spots on our rig, and the distance from the ground to the bottom of the frame. When you pick it up they remeasure it to make sure you are not over 13'6".
When you pull up the Morryde webpage and it shows the IS owners club, that is my wife and myself.

We had our 2015 Bighorn upgrade to the IS 8000 and they reused our Performance Trailer Braking disk which were only a couple years old.