Hi from Quartzsite 2020.

Txzimmer1

Total newbie here. I mean really a newbie.I've never had a trailer. never had a truck before. Was alive when JFK died. Got spanked as a child and just got the title yesterday. I'm in Quartzsite trying to figure her out before I hit the road as a full-timer. Unfortunatly I'm mechanically challenged, but teachable l, I like to believe anyway, and scared to death. I have been here in Q town saving up the $ for 3 years and purchased Stella a 2017 Trailrunner and a F250. They're both legally mine now so....I have rented a rv spot with hookups because really. I had to you tube "black tanks" So if anyone is heading this way and have patience and would like to take a newbie under their wing (so to say) not really. I don't want to be under any wing, let me know. P.S. I do have dog and cat so don't be allergic to me.

danemayer

Hi Txzimmer1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Feel free to ask questions. We've got a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here who are quick to share what they've learned.

We also have a collection of owner-written user guides that you might find helpful. Here's a link.

wdk450

Congrats!!

Just curious. Is the January Quartzsite RVers get together still going to happen in light of the Covid epidemic, or is BLM going to shut down all of the open desert boondocking camping? Is the big RV accessories show tent going to happen??

Txzimmer1

Congrats!!

Just curious. Is the January Quartzsite RVers get together still going to happen in light of the Covid epidemic, or is BLM going to shut down all of the open desert boondocking camping? Is the big RV accessories show tent going to happen??
Everything is a go as of now. People pouring in.

Txzimmer1

Quartsite is filling up as we speak. It'll be crazy after Thanksgiving.

I have scoured the manuals dailyl. Even printing them off. They are truely a godsend

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I live in Yuma and work in an RV parts store here...

Come down 95 and visit if you need anything!

(My first Heartland was a Trail Runner)

Niles

Not trying to steal tread, John where is the store you work at. We're in the foothills.

mlpeloquin

Happy Camper is your best friend for a tank treatment. I only use it. Once in a while I will get a free tank treatment as a sample. They remind me why I like Happy Camper. I have also found Presto RV toilet paper, found on Amazon, to be the softest, thickest, and best to breakdown. Your clear section of sewer pipe will not lie to you about this, nor will your bum.

Txzimmer1

I live in Yuma and work in an RV parts store here...

Come down 95 and visit if you need anything!

(My first Heartland was a Trail Runner)
I may take you up on that. Ím actually thinking that may be my first solo trip. Not to far, not to close. Gotta build up some confidence while being close enough to civilization.

LBR

We love it in Q....full-time boondockers that stay on State Trust /BLM Land every year in our secluded spot few campers are aware of. It is one of our favorite isolation areas to off-road in (all 4 quadrants) and take our X3 either on or off-road to the RV Show, Beer Belly's, Silly Al's, Q Yacht Club (over 10,000 members), and of course to Roadrunner Market!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Not trying to steal tread, John where is the store you work at. We're in the foothills.

Southwest Exchange on the South Frontage Rd. along I-8 in the Foothills near Fortuna Rd.

We also fill propane.

Txzimmer1

Sorry for not checking in. Been having newbie problems. Hard to find good, honest help here. What's your thoughts on where to cary a 100 lb inverter generator? From what I've gathered in the HUG manuals I can handle 250 lbs on the back including the spare, but I've read horror stories. Can't find a used topper for the 2003 f250 3/4 ton to transport it there (it's a short bed), (YET) I'm still in a Rv Park though or it would already be gone. (My hitch disappeared day 2). Suggestions? Its a 2017 trailrunner bunkhouse 30usbh. I. Im going to repurpose the bunk room too. Flying solo so need storage more than beds. If anyone's in need of a brand new, too heavy, 6" memory foam mattress...... lol 🤪

jbeletti

Sorry for not checking in. Been having newbie problems. Hard to find good, honest help here. What's your thoughts on where to cary a 100 lb inverter generator? From what I've gathered in the HUG manuals I can handle 250 lbs on the back including the spare, but I've read horror stories. Can't find a used topper for the 2003 f250 3/4 ton to transport it there (it's a short bed), (YET) I'm still in a Rv Park though or it would already be gone. (My hitch disappeared day 2). Suggestions? Its a 2017 trailrunner bunkhouse 30usbh. I. Im going to repurpose the bunk room too. Flying solo so need storage more than beds. If anyone's in need of a brand new, too heavy, 6" memory foam mattress...... lol ��

I've seen people make a bracket to mount a generator on the RV a-frame above the propane tanks. I would not risk rear bumper mounting the generator unless you did maybe a fold-down tray with some serious beefing up of the attachment to the RV frame.

Txzimmer1

I've seen people make a bracket to mount a generator on the RV a-frame above the propane tanks. I would not risk rear bumper mounting the generator unless you did maybe a fold-down tray with some serious beefing up of the attachment to the RV frame.
I was being concerned more on tongue weight? Welding an aluminum box on that existing frame with a steel plate replacing that flimsy bicycle rack is not a good idea? That's what's been suggested from people "who have lived in travel trailers all my life" I wanted to check since these same experts almost burnt my electrical system down (had to replace them all batteries, reset the solar inverter and converter. They also won't leave the black tank closed. They think they're helping but I watch many, many you tube videos and read many manuals. I'm learning the hard, expensive way. Gonna put wet, sticky glow in the dark paint on my black tank pull! Who does that?

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the the forum.

How are the new Walmart and Costco doing in Q town?
There won't be any walmart or costco coming to Q. Lol

Txzimmer1

​Can someone please tell me how to get the screens out? My tracks are a mess. Namely above the sink and the slide screens​

RoadJunkie

​Can someone please tell me how to get the screens out? My tracks are a mess. Namely above the sink and the slide screens​

Pull on the tabs that are anchored to the screen frame. Pull away from the window frame towards the centerline of the window.

Txzimmer1

Can someone please tell me how to get the screens out? My tracks are a mess. Namely above the sink and the slide screens​