Anyone happy with the Winegard Air 360?

Lost_my_beer

This unit came with the Winegard Air 360. Contemplating getting service activated. We currently use data from our unlimited T-Mobile plan via hot spot from the phone. Works ok, but a bit slow for streaming.
I guess my question is, has anyone activated service with it and stream? Don't want to waste time and money if its junk.
Thanks,
Troy

jbeletti

Confirm what data plans are available and at what cost and whether you can bring your own data SIM.

I think the device is likely pretty solid for most consumers but it's the data plan that could be a sticking point.

Lost_my_beer

I currently don’t have verizon or att. Have to pay for gig. Looks like 1,3, 10, and 20. Popular 10 gig is $59/ 30 days, with no contract or set up fees. I am not techie by far and not even sure what plan I need. Wife pretty much streams movies all day long, so maybe 10 gig?
Troy

jbeletti

I currently don’t have verizon or att. Have to pay for gig. Looks like 1,3, 10, and 20. Popular 10 gig is $59/ 30 days, with no contract or set up fees. I am not techie by far and not even sure what plan I need. Wife pretty much streams movies all day long, so maybe 10 gig?
Troy

If she's a big streamer - you'll need a LOT. Like the max plan and maybe then some. But start somewhere and see how far it takes you.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I am on the Verizon "unlimited" plan that throttles you back after using 15 Gb. I watch a lot of U-Tube videos and also stream Netflix frequently. I can burn through my allocation in less than 10 days but I am an avid user. I usually do 60-80 Gb. a month.

I'm in a park right now that has decent wifi, so I can use it and cutback on my own use but there is no charge for going over my Verizon limit, its just slower.

danemayer

Troy
On a ROKU streaming device, it's pretty easy to use about 1GB per hour of standard definition video to a TV. Might take a bit less on a tablet or phone. You'll need an unlimited data plan.

Lost_my_beer

Dayum!
Didn’t realize it goes that fast. Been lucky, grandfathered into a T-Mobile unlimited plan. Some amount high speed and then slower like the Verizon plan mentioned. Its been working fine for roku/Amazon Prime movies and Netflix, but recently she has been streaming via some Firestick unlocked gizmo. See?! Lol
It has to stop and catch up every few minutes and its annoying. Looking for a better option. I guess it only takes monies.
Troy

danemayer

Dayum!
Didn’t realize it goes that fast. Been lucky, grandfathered into a T-Mobile unlimited plan. Some amount high speed and then slower like the Verizon plan mentioned. Its been working fine for roku/Amazon Prime movies and Netflix, but recently she has been streaming via some Firestick unlocked gizmo. See?! Lol
It has to stop and catch up every few minutes and its annoying. Looking for a better option. I guess it only takes monies.
Troy

I had an Amazon Fire streaming box in late 2015 and was surprised to find it using close to 10GB per hour. There was quite a bit of posting about this on the internet. Maybe newer Amazon devices don't do this, but I'm on Roku now.

marknewbill

Hello,
I also have this air 360 and seen the optional gateway, but I am not really sure what it does. If you have for example a Verizon phone with a data plan, does it help you connect better with your phone to a distant service, or do you have to have a specific data plan for it as if it were a separate device with a separate bill?

I also have noticed WIFI at some camp grounds, I believe I saw another product for amplifying an existing wifi signal as a repeater from Wingard, but I am leaning toward this device here will not help with that. I am really not interested in paying for more cellular data (another data plan, as the one on my phone is already sufficient) and the only thing I am really interested in is the free camp WIFI. any suggestions on devices that will help with that aspect? i can search and see the results, but i was looking for personal experience.

THanks,
MN

esscobra

streaming tv will use about 1gb per hour - youtube videos will eatup alot - most of the so called unlimited plans will be useless when you reach the data cap- verizo has a 59 unlimited plan that caps at 25gb- most once they hit the capo are useless for streaming or much else as they go to 128-256kb . verizon has a 125gb busisness plan that is working well for several of my customers homes where that is only option- also have several construction sites that work well on it and are able to get thru whole month