Fireplace shutting off

DickO

For the past year our fireplace will only run on low heat. Once in a while it will run for a while and then just shut off. I have cleaned with compressor. Any ideas.

jbeletti

Dick,

It sounds like a thermal cut-off (safety) situation. I suggest you reach out to the fireplace distributor to see what they say. I'd say, reach out to the Mfr but it's so hard to tell really who makes any of these RV fireplaces and difficult to reach them.

wdk450

When you say that your fireplace quits, does it turn of completely (Loss of power)? Or does just the heating function quit?

With either of these situations it might be a faulty switch, which you could probably fix with a spray of Caig DeOxIt spray electrical contact cleaner/restorer between the side of the switch rocker and the switch frame, then work the switch some. You can get the Caig on EBay or Amazon. This also works great on balky 12 volt lighting rocker switches.

mwc

My Greystone does the same thing. I pull the whole fireplace out, easy to do, and vacuum it real well all around the blower, all the wires, air intakes etc.

Just did mine last week after the same issue, working fine now.

I have to do that about once a year.