Looking for extended warranty

Tree14

Good morning everyone

Our warranty runs out this March on our 2016 4200 Cyclone. Looking for an extended warranty company. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Flick

Good morning everyone

Our warranty runs out this March on our 2016 4200 Cyclone. Looking for an extended warranty company. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Just a thought. Might be time to self insure. Put that money in a safe place and use it for repairs as needed. However, there are a lot of companies that sell these policies and they all have nice bottom lines on their profit/loss because the policies generally are not worth it for the insured.

danemayer

Read the fine print on what's covered and what's excluded. Most policies are primarily for appliances. Most exclude things like axle or suspension issues and many other things. The list of exclusions is usually pretty long.

If you set aside the outlay for extended coverage in a savings account, you could come out ahead. You're basically making a bet with the company providing the protection.

When I bought our RV, I took out a 3 year policy with Good Sam. They didn't cover the axle that was likely damaged by a bridge joint on I-10. The TV repair fell below the deductible. But I did break even on the policy from what they did cover.

Last edited:

carl.swoyer

I purchased Cornerstone a couple of days before my factory expired. This allows you to get a better price because you still have factory warranty at the time of purchase and I also got a full 5 years of coverage.
I paid $1800.00 and cornerstone paid out over 10,000 dollars. That was December of 2012. The coverage was excellent pretty straightforward. I did purchase the best policy. I was only turned down once on an intermittent problem which was later covered. I believe if you Google them you can find a dealer near your location. To me it was worth it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Don't waste your money...

Better off to open a savings account and call that your RV extended warranty.

carl.swoyer

Don't waste your money...

Better off to open a savings account and call that your RV extended warranty.
John,
Appreciate your opinion but in my case $10,000.00 paid out in repairs minus $1800.00 I paid for the policy. I'm still ahead. I fix most everything else at this point as the warranty expired years ago.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
John,
Appreciate your opinion but in my case $10,000.00 paid out in repairs minus $1800.00 I paid for the policy. I'm still ahead. I fix most everything else at this point as the warranty expired years ago.

When it comes to RV extended warranties...

Some people win...most people loose!

You apparently were on of the very lucky ones... :confused:

BigFry

Tree14,

You asked about companies. We use "Wholesale Warranties" and have been happy. They were great during the sales process and we haven't had problems with warranty work payments.

mlpeloquin

When purchasing the Big Horn, we got an extended warranty. We used it three times and use about 2/3rds of the cost. It would cover the TV when it died, but the TV cost less then the deductible. I installed one on my own purchased at Costco for $50 more which was a much better TV. When we traded in our Big Horn for a used SOB Class A, we got an expensive warranty which is a five year warranty on a 2013. It covers everything including the diesel engine and trans. Just got done using it on a very heavy slide. I took two trips and just over nine months which was do to several Covid-10 shutdowns inorder to get it fixed. Almost covered the entire cost of the extended warranty. I have to admit it is a gamble. Most extended warranty policies are poor and written to not pay out, or are great, but most of the time will never have to pay out at all or very little. It is like life insurance. The insurance company is betting they will not pay out enough to cost them anything beyond the cost at most. I am sure glad I did not have to fork out over 8k to cover the parts and labor. Anything else happens, I am ahead. The deductible is $200. Well worth it. It even covers the tires! Not problems paying out at all.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I've used mine twice on my 2018 Landmark. So far, so good. Repairs made without any problem with minimum cost.

jhardin

I have Coachnet. Mine has paid off ($100 deductible) and I am well ahead of the purchase price.