3806 RKD Refrigerator shelves bounced and broke

david124

This is my first post. If this issue is addressed somewhere please point me to it. We have a 2020 Big Country 3806 RKD. Purchased and moved in full time in July. Pulling with a 2020 F350 DRW long bed with fixed 5th wheel hitch. Took our first trip over Thanksgiving week. Drove 150 miles up to southwestern Arkansas on good roads. When we got there a lot of our kitchen stuff was broken. The hangers for the refrigerator shelves broke or pulled out allowing the shelves(with the drawers) to fall and make a mess. Everything is still under warranty and I know how to go through that process. We obviously will be replacing everything with melamine and non breakable items. How do I keep the shelves from bouncing in the fridge? We have what I call a normal amount of food in the fridge.

Flick

This is my first post. If this issue is addressed somewhere please point me to it. We have a 2020 Big Country 3806 RKD. Purchased and moved in full time in July. Pulling with a 2020 F350 DRW long bed with fixed 5th wheel hitch. Took our first trip over Thanksgiving week. Drove 150 miles up to southwestern Arkansas on good roads. When we got there a lot of our kitchen stuff was broken. The hangers for the refrigerator shelves broke or pulled out allowing the shelves(with the drawers) to fall and make a mess. Everything is still under warranty and I know how to go through that process. We obviously will be replacing everything with melamine and non breakable items. How do I keep the shelves from bouncing in the fridge? We have what I call a normal amount of food in the fridge.

I reckon the first question would be is what type of refrigerator do you have? If it is a residential, that may explain the problem, but if it’s an rv type unit, they’re made for travel. Since this is your first trip, I’d suggest calling your dealer and let them assure you that the shelves are installed properly in the future. Maybe someone else has had this problem but I’ve not heard of anyone complaining about this.

wdk450

After all of the road shock damage, I would take a hard look at upgrading your trailer's suspension. Low end is swapping out better equalizers like Dexter EZ Flex, midrange is better shocks like Joyriders and even better equalizers like the air bag ones, best of all is the MorRyde Independent Suspension (IS) modification/upgrade done at the MorRyde service center in Elkhart. Also a shock absorbing hitch like the MorRyde rubber blocks ones or the Airbag ones.

jerryjay11

Though it may not help you now, but most residential fridges come with the shelves taped or secured with foam pads so they won't bounce during travel from the factory. If you can get replacements I suggest you place a short piece of reinforced tape to hold the shelves in and suggest to your dealer in the future not to remove. This may give you an edge for the dealer to replace. You may find that cost of these shelves are a bit expensive.