Lets hear from the Greystone owners!

Desertsky

We are looking at buying a 2013 Greystone 30MK. We have looked at other 5th wheels in this size and others just don't seem to offer what we really want at a price we can afford. Taking a second look at it today with everything powered up.

jbeletti

Check it over good.

• Walk the roof
  • Look for sealant voids top to bottom
  • Inspect slide floors really well (inside and outside)
  • Look down the exterior side walls for any delamination
  • Look at tire wear patterns
  • Look for positive (upward arch) camber in both axles
  • Look for positive arch (not flat or W) in all 4 spring packs
Not saying this brand is prone to any of this - just some things to look for when looking at used units.

Desertsky

Thanks, Jim. We looked it over pretty well and there are no glaring defects that the dealer refused to deal with. Actually, most things were pretty minor. We should be taking delivery just before New Years. We will need to replace the Hartland tires since I have no idea when they were put on or if they are even a decent brand. Look to me to be another Chinese tire made for Discount Tires. We can get a really good deal on Goodyear Endurance tires at Sams Club. See everyone at the 2021 rally!

jbeletti

As long as the Goodyear Endurance tires are the size and load range you need - they'll likely be great tires. I swapped out to Endurance on my travel trailer when I have 14" wheels on it. Now I have 15" wheels (axle upgrade) and I didn't get the option to choose my tires - so no Endurance for me this time.

Desertsky

Well, Camping world pulled it in the shop to make ready for us and fount $15k worth of needed repairs so we will not be buying that one! So, the search resumes.