North Country TT

Chris562

I am searching for my next travel trailer and came across the North Country 29RKS and love it. Can anyone who owns one or one of the other North Country models give me some insight into them? I know prices can't be posted but I think if you PM me with the info, can you tell me what you paid for one? Any info on the North Country would be appreciated. I have already read Heartland's 20-some reasons to buy a North Country and have been impressed. Are they really as well made if not better than the Jayco? The 29RKS is in the running with a Jayco 31RKS.

jimtoo

Hi Chris 562,
Welcome to the Heartland Forum where you will find a lot of really good people. I do not have a North Country, but I feel sure the Heartland quality is built in. Some of the North Country owners will be chiming in soon to give you their views and reports on the units. Also, hope we can welcome you into the Heartland Family of owners soon.

Jim M

Chris562

OK...haven't got any info in here so I posted on another forum. This is what was posted:

I also remember when they changed their flooring from exterior plywood to OSB board. Weyerhaeuser Corp. changed their warranty from 25 years to 1 year. People were having flooring problems.

I was wondering if this problem, if it was, has been corrected? I would hate to spend good money on a camper that has had problems. Also, what is the warranty on a North Country? I searched the Heartland website and didn't find anything about a warranty. I know Jayco offers a two year warranty on their campers.

jbeletti

Chris,

The warranty on all of the Heartland brands is 1 year.

To my knowledge, we have only used Weyerhauser Structurewood. Single sheet - no seams.

Any floor issues we have had were not likely related to our use of this material. rather - it was likely related to an underlying structure (floor framing) issue.

For more info on the North Trail, on Monday (1/5), please call our Corporate office (574-262-5992) and ask for Mike Creech - Brand Manager for North Trail and Edge. He should be able to answer any question you have on North Trail.

Jim

Chris562

Thanks for the info Jim. I have watched all the videos on your website about the North Country. I'm going tomorrow to Tom Raper RV in Fairfield, OH with all the intention in the world of buying a new 29RKS LS. If the price is right, I will buy a new one and show it off at every state park I attend this summer. I have been very impressed with the features. I was even surprised and extremely happy to find it has a built in black tank washer...something that wasn't mentioned on your website but mentioned in the video. I would like to add the ONLY feature I would have liked to have seen was a factory installed bike rack. Now that would really set you apart from the competition even more. Only the Jayco Eagle and Keystone Cougar offers a factory installed bike rack that I have been able to find. Most definitely not one in a conventional stick built camper. Hope you all will consider that in the future.

Chris562

Too late.....pulled the trigger and bought a brand new 2010 Heartland North Country LS 29RKS!!!! Here's to some good camping this summer.

jbeletti

Too late.....pulled the trigger and bought a brand new 2010 Heartland North Country LS 29RKS!!!! Here's to some good camping this summer.

Wow! You don't mess around. :eek: Congratulations Chris, happy camping and hope to meet up with you somewhere this year.

Jim

Chris562

One question if I may Jim....

Tom Raper was not able to confirm or deny if the LS version comes with a 15K BTU AC unit. They said it has to come with it because of the LS package but I want to make sure. Can you advise?

lakerats

question for Chris 562

Well... share details and pm me on what you actually walked out the door with it if you wouldn't mind. I am in the same boat as you and LOVE what this TT has to offer; have seen a different model and am waiting for the local RV dealer to get one in actually so I can physically see it. I have been to 2 RV shows and have spoken extensively with the dealer reps. Just waiting for one to get into the area.

Any help would be appreciated on this.

Thanks (in advance):)

Hart

Chris562......congratulations, so glad you went with the Heartland product rather than Jayco. Their 2 yr warranty doesn't mean much; they are a real bear to deal with. Had personal experience & despise that company.

and a 2010.....WOW!!! Enjoy!

Chris562

Ok guys....my deal fell through on my new Heartland. The bank came up and wanted more money down or they were going to up the interest rate....because I was upside down on my trade and they based the loan on the invoice of the Heartland. I have excellent credit so I guess this came down to another credit crunch thing. So my deal has gone bye bye. Jayco deal is still alive though.....

jbeletti

Chris,

Sorry your deal fell through. We would have loved to have you in the Heartland family.

Best of luck to you - no matter the brand you end up with and happy camping.

Jim