Electrical advice

Redrider007

So I’m basically dry camping but have access to a 15amp outlet. Every time I have plugged in it has popped the gfi except once. I have a magnum 2000 inverter and solar. When I hook up it pops as soon as transfer happens. I have set inverter at a shore setting of 10 and 15 amps and made sure batteries were fully charged to avoid the fast 70 amp charge but nothing works. I am using a 12 gauge extension cord so as to limit resistance. I have no idea why it didn’t pop for a week until I used to high amp appliances, which I knew would pop it, though it popped the house breaker not the gfi. Otherwise I’m running my Honda gen everyday!

centerline

have you tried a different power cord to the power post?..... to make sure the power cord isnt faulty

its not uncommon for GFCI's to go bad, in which case they either wont work at all, or they wont hold in when you try to use the circuit (or have something drawing power when the AC power cord or genset is active)....

i would rule these 2 things out before looking for something else.

jbeletti

Not likely your issue, but in 2004 with my first RV, I kept popping the garage GFCI outlet I had the RV plugged into. Turns out, I had blown the electrical heating element in my water heater. Again, not likely your issue, but for grins, switch the breaker off for water heater - just as a test.

danemayer

Turn off all breakers in your main panel and then plug in. Turn breakers back on one at a time to see what trips the GFCI.