3300rlb outlet issues

I bought the 2010 Sundance 3300rlb about 2 months ago. It was on its last leg but little by little I have transformed it into my permanent living place. Learning how to do everything to fix issues from here, YouTube, and Google. Now I'm stuck with an electrical outlet issue. My living room slide-out has 2 outlets getting no power to them then along the same wall going into the second room the outlet underneath the steps and the outlet on the back wall of the camper have no power as well but every other outlet works. I found that the 2nd breaker controls the outlets and followed the wire to a box underneath the steps going up to the main bedroom and now I'm stuck on what to do. Should I keep following or just run new lines. I'm new to all of this. Never did electrical or plumbing but following what I've researched things are working out so far. Any help would be appreciated.

danemayer

Have you opened the box you traced that wire to? Do so with power disconnected in case there's a hot wire loose inside.

The 120V AC wiring coming out of the circuit breaker panel often goes to boxes under the trailer on either side, and then up and inside. Connection failures can occur at those points.

A $20 non-contact voltage tester will be helpful in tracing the wires. You can tell pretty fast where the power stops. They're available at most hardware stores. But skip the $10 testers.

Flick

I bought the 2010 Sundance 3300rlb about 2 months ago. It was on its last leg but little by little I have transformed it into my permanent living place. Learning how to do everything to fix issues from here, YouTube, and Google. Now I'm stuck with an electrical outlet issue. My living room slide-out has 2 outlets getting no power to them then along the same wall going into the second room the outlet underneath the steps and the outlet on the back wall of the camper have no power as well but every other outlet works. I found that the 2nd breaker controls the outlets and followed the wire to a box underneath the steps going up to the main bedroom and now I'm stuck on what to do. Should I keep following or just run new lines. I'm new to all of this. Never did electrical or plumbing but following what I've researched things are working out so far. Any help would be appreciated.

I certainly wouldn’t run new wires. You have a hot or neutral wire loose somewhere or a hidden gfci plug tripped probably located in a cabinet in the bath or kitchen. Keep looking.

wdk450

If I were you I would get the non-contact electrical tracer, but also remove and replace any outlets involved with a standard home-type outlet box and screw-termination outlet INSTEAD of the Insulation Displacement Connector outlets used on RV assembly lines. IDC connectors on power outlets had a lot reports of intermittent power and loss of power (especially when 2 cables are spliced as part of the IDC connection).

See my old thread on the subject, and you can find others on the forum using the search function. https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...splacement-Connector-(IDC)-Electrical-Outlets

Thank yall for the response. It's a work in progress. I have a voltage tester and keep tracing what I can find. There is a gfci in the bathroom which is good. There is a box with nothing but 2 wires on one side and 1 wire on the other side under the steps to the master but showing power.